Requests for reprints should be sent to Antonia Abbey, Department of Community Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201
MISPERCEPTIONS OF FRIENDLY BEHAVIOR AS SEXUAL INTEREST: A SURVEY OF NATURALLY OCCURRING INCIDENTS
Version of Record online: 28 JUL 2006
Psychology of Women Quarterly
Volume 11, Issue 2, pages 173–194, June 1987
How to Cite
Abbey, A. (1987), MISPERCEPTIONS OF FRIENDLY BEHAVIOR AS SEXUAL INTEREST: A SURVEY OF NATURALLY OCCURRING INCIDENTS. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 11: 173–194. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-6402.1987.tb00782.x
Note: Sexual coercion is defined as any level of forced sexual activity. Means are reported on the top line; standard deviations are in parentheses below.
I would like to thank Jennifer Logan and Jon Frank for their assistance with data collection and coding. Thoughtful comments on an earlier draft of this manuscript from Mel Mark and two anonymous reviewers are gratefully acknowledged.
- Issue online: 28 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!