This research was supported by National Institute of Mental Health Grant MH-43948. It was first presented as the Carolyn Wood Sherif Award lecture, Division 35, American Psychological Association, San Francisco, 1991.
WOMEN'S DIFFICULT TIMES AND THE REWRITING OF THE LIFE STORY
Article first published online: 28 JUL 2006
Psychology of Women Quarterly
Volume 16, Issue 3, pages 331–347, September 1992
How to Cite
Helson, R. (1992), WOMEN'S DIFFICULT TIMES AND THE REWRITING OF THE LIFE STORY. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 16: 331–347. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-6402.1992.tb00258.x
I am deeply indebted to the women of the Mills Longitudinal Study and to the graduate students and staff at the Institute of Personality Assessment and Research who have contributed in many ways over many years to the Mills Project. I thank Noelle Caskey for helpful comments on this paper.
- Issue published online: 28 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 28 JUL 2006
- First draft received: September 4, 1991 Final draft received: March 24, 1992
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!