Lisa Bowleg, Department of Psychology, University of Rhode Island; Kenya Johari Lucas, Department of Sociology, Brown University; Jeanne M. Tschann, Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco.
“The Ball Was Always In His Court”: An Exploratory Analysis Of Relationship Scripts, Sexual Scripts, And Condom Use Among African American Women
Article first published online: 1 MAR 2004
Psychology of Women Quarterly
Volume 28, Issue 1, pages 70–82, March 2004
How to Cite
Bowleg, L., Lucas, K. J. and Tschann, J. M. (2004), “The Ball Was Always In His Court”: An Exploratory Analysis Of Relationship Scripts, Sexual Scripts, And Condom Use Among African American Women. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 28: 70–82. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-6402.2004.00124.x
This study was supported by a grant to Lisa Bowleg from the Collaborative HIV Prevention Research in Minority Communities Program, Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California, San Francisco (National Institutes of Mental Health Grant 5P50 MH42459). We acknowledge the support of the Women's Collective, Washington, DC. We are also grateful for the support of our graduate research assistants Amy Black, Kelly Brooks, Mindy Craig, and Jennifer Huang, our undergraduate research assistant April Pascal, and the study's interviewers, Diane Jones and Ora White. Last, but not least, we are especially grateful to the women who generously shared their most intimate relationship and sexual experiences with us so that we could learn from their voices about the context of HIV/AIDS for African American women.
- Issue published online: 1 MAR 2004
- Article first published online: 1 MAR 2004
- Initial submission: April 28, 2003 Initial acceptance: July 11, 2003 Final acceptance: July 29, 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!