Erika L. Lichter and Laura A. McCloskey, School of Public Health, Harvard University.
THE EFFECTS OF CHILDHOOD EXPOSURE TO MARITAL VIOLENCE ON ADOLESCENT GENDER-ROLE BELIEFS AND DATING VIOLENCE
Article first published online: 9 NOV 2004
Psychology of Women Quarterly
Volume 28, Issue 4, pages 344–357, December 2004
How to Cite
Lichter, E. L. and McCloskey, L. A. (2004), THE EFFECTS OF CHILDHOOD EXPOSURE TO MARITAL VIOLENCE ON ADOLESCENT GENDER-ROLE BELIEFS AND DATING VIOLENCE. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 28: 344–357. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-6402.2004.00151.x
These findings are based on a longitudinal research study funded by the National Center on Child Abuse and Neglect (ACYF; 90CA-1409) and the National Institute of Mental Health (MH-51428). We thank Bonnie Barber and Mary Koss for insightful comments on an early version of this manuscript and creative suggestions for recoding dating violence variables. Many people contributed to the collection and coding of these data and we especially thank Jennifer Bailey, Kimberly Becker, Jayne Cooper, Veronica Herrera, Sarah Martens, and Jeffrey Stuewig.
- Issue published online: 9 NOV 2004
- Article first published online: 9 NOV 2004
- Initial submission: October 13, 2003 Initial acceptance: February 3, 2004 Final acceptance: March 22, 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!