Sara Pedersen, Research Unit on Children's Psychosocial Maladjustment, University of Montreal; Edward Seidman, William T. Grant Foundation.
TEAM SPORTS ACHIEVEMENT AND SELF-ESTEEM DEVELOPMENT AMONG URBAN ADOLESCENT GIRLS
Version of Record online: 9 NOV 2004
Psychology of Women Quarterly
Volume 28, Issue 4, pages 412–422, December 2004
How to Cite
Pedersen, S. and Seidman, E. (2004), TEAM SPORTS ACHIEVEMENT AND SELF-ESTEEM DEVELOPMENT AMONG URBAN ADOLESCENT GIRLS. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 28: 412–422. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-6402.2004.00158.x
Sara Pedersen, presently with the National Center for Children in Poverty, Joseph L. Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University.
Work on this article was supported in part by grants from the National Institute of Mental Health (MH43984) and the Carnegie Corporation (B4850) awarded to Edward Seidman, J. Lawrence Aber, LaRue Allen, and Christina Mitchell. We express our appreciation to the adolescents and schools whose cooperation made this study possible. We would also like to thank J. Lawrence Aber, Niall Bolger, David L. DuBois, Andrew J. Fuligni, Patrick E. Shrout, and two anonymous reviewers for their helpful suggestions on previous drafts of this manuscript.
- Issue online: 9 NOV 2004
- Version of Record online: 9 NOV 2004
- Initial submission: December 9, 2002 Initial acceptance: July 2, 2003 Final acceptance: January 7, 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!