Roberta A. Downing and Faye J. Crosby, Department of Psychology, University of California at Santa Cruz; Stacy Blake-Beard, Organizational Behavior Group, Simmons School of Management.
THE PERCEIVED IMPORTANCE OF DEVELOPMENTAL RELATIONSHIPS ON WOMEN UNDERGRADUATES' PURSUIT OF SCIENCE
Article first published online: 23 NOV 2005
Psychology of Women Quarterly
Volume 29, Issue 4, pages 419–426, December 2005
How to Cite
Downing, R. A., Crosby, F. J. and Blake-Beard, S. (2005), THE PERCEIVED IMPORTANCE OF DEVELOPMENTAL RELATIONSHIPS ON WOMEN UNDERGRADUATES' PURSUIT OF SCIENCE. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 29: 419–426. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-6402.2005.00242.x
Roberta A. Downing is currently a postdoctoral fellow at the Bloomberg School of Public Health at The Johns Hopkins University.
We would like to extend our gratitude to Brenda Bolduc, Francine Deutsch, and George Goethals for making it possible for us to collect data at Smith College, Mount Holyoke College, and Williams College. We are also thankful to Harriet Tenenbaum, Jill Denner, Ellen Kimmel, Judit Moschkovich, and Kristina Schmukler for their insightful comments on the draft; Eileen Zurbriggen and Kim Radmacher for their help with analyses; Gabrielle Filip-Crawford for research assistance; and Valerie Jenni for her help with the preparation of the manuscript. We are also very indebted to Tim Quinn who managed data entry. Support for the work came from a grant from the Social Sciences Division of the University of California, Santa Cruz to Faye J. Crosby.
- Issue published online: 23 NOV 2005
- Article first published online: 23 NOV 2005
- Initial submission: June 16, 2004 Initial acceptance: October 16, 2004 Final acceptance: February 9, 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!