Jane M. Ussher and Janette Perz, Gender, Culture and Health Research, School of Psychology, University of Western Sydney, Australia.
GENDER DIFFERENCES IN SELF-SILENCING AND PSYCHOLOGICAL DISTRESS IN INFORMAL CANCER CARERS
Article first published online: 6 MAY 2010
©2010 Division 35, American Psychological Association
Psychology of Women Quarterly
Volume 34, Issue 2, pages 228–242, June 2010
How to Cite
Ussher, J. M. and Perz, J. (2010), GENDER DIFFERENCES IN SELF-SILENCING AND PSYCHOLOGICAL DISTRESS IN INFORMAL CANCER CARERS. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 34: 228–242. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-6402.2010.01564.x
The larger cross sectional project evaluating the needs and experiences of informal cancer carers, from which this study was drawn, was funded by an Australian Research Council Linkage Grant, LP0560448, in conjunction with the Cancer Council New South Wales, Westmead Hospital, and Carers New South Wales. The chief investigators on the project were Jane Ussher and Phyllis Butow, and the partner investigators were Gerard Wain, Gill Batt and Kendra Sundquist. Thanks are offered to Mirjana Sandoval, Emilee Gilbert, Yasmin Hawkins, Tim Wong, Caroline Joyce and Lisa Hallab for research support and assistance.
- Issue published online: 6 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 6 MAY 2010
- Initial submission: April 28, 2009Initial acceptance: November 20, 2009Final acceptance: December 18, 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!