The “private function” of gesture in second language speaking activity: a study of motion verbs and gesturing in English and Spanish
Version of Record online: 5 FEB 2004
International Journal of Applied Linguistics
Volume 14, Issue 1, pages 113–147, January 2004
How to Cite
Negueruela, E., Lantolf, J. P., Jordan, S. R. and Gelabert, J. (2004), The “private function” of gesture in second language speaking activity: a study of motion verbs and gesturing in English and Spanish. International Journal of Applied Linguistics, 14: 113–147. doi: 10.1111/j.1473-4192.2004.00056.x
- Issue online: 5 FEB 2004
- Version of Record online: 5 FEB 2004
- [Received 19/12/02; revised 16/9/03]
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!