Tits and their caterpillar food supply
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Volume 133, Issue Supplement s1, pages 49–54, October 1991
How to Cite
PERRINS, C. M. (1991), Tits and their caterpillar food supply. Ibis, 133: 49–54. doi: 10.1111/j.1474-919X.1991.tb07668.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- 1973. A comparative study of the breeding ecology of the Great Tit Parus major in different habitats. Ardea 61: 1–93.
- 1980. Effects of food addition to Willow Tit. Parus montanus and Crested Tit. P. cristatus at the time of breeding. Ornis Scand. 11: 173–178. &
- 1981. Variations in survival and dispersal with ringing date as shown by recoveries of Belgian Great Tits, Parus major. Ornis Scand. 123: 96–98. &
- 1970. Oak tannins and caterpillars. Ecology 51: 565–581.
- 1950. The breeding biology of Great and Blue Titmice. Ornis Scand. 92: 507–539.
- 1955. Feeding rates of Great Tits. Br. Birds 48: 49–58.
- 1963. Food and food supply of nestling tits (Paridae) in Breckland Pine. J. Anim. Ecol. 32: 489–533. &
- 1974. Advancement of laying of Great Tits by the provision of food. J. Anim. Ecol. 116: 365–367.
- 1951. The population ecology of the Great Tit. Parus m. major L. Ardea 39: 1–135.
- 1971. Regulation of numbers in populations of Great Tits (Parus m. major). In Boer. P.J.den & Gradwell, G.R. (eds) Proc. Advanced Study Institute on Dynamics of Numbers in Populations, Oosterbeek. Wageningen : Centre for Agricultural Publishing and Documentation.
- 1966. Population Studies of Birds. Oxford : Clarendon Press.
- 1980. Genetic variation in the timing of reproduction in the Great Tit. Ardea 68: 193–203. , &
- 1970. The timing of birds' breeding seasons. Ornis Scand. 112: 242–255.
- 1973. Some effects of temperature of breeding in the Great Tit and Manx Shearwater. J. Reprod. Fert., Suppl. 19: 162–173.
- 1976. Possible effects of qualitative changes in the insect diet of avian predators. Ornis Scand. 118: 580–584.
- 1979. British Tits. London : Collins.
- 1980. Survival of young Great Tits, Parus major. Proc. Int Orn. Congr. XVII: 159–174.
- 1989. Laying dates and clutch-size in the Great Tit. Wilson Bull. 101: 236–253. &
- 1990. Factors affecting clutch-size in Great and Blue Tits. In Blondel, J., Gosler, A., Labreton, J.D. & McCleery. R. (eds) . Population Biology of Passerine Birds. NATO ASI series. Berlin : Springer-Verlag.
- 1973. Insect Population Ecology. Oxford : Blackwell Scientific Publications. , &