Diagnosing causes of bird population declines
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Volume 137, Issue Supplement s1, pages S47–S55, January 1995
How to Cite
GREEN, R. E. (1995), Diagnosing causes of bird population declines. Ibis, 137: S47–S55. doi: 10.1111/j.1474-919X.1995.tb08457.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- 1991. Roseate Tern. In Lloyd, C., Tasker, M.L. & Partridge, K. (eds) The Status of Seabirds in Britain and Ireland: 204–213. London : T&AD Poyser.
- 1994. The Ecology of Nightjars on Pine Plantations in Thetford Forest. Sandy : Royal Society for the Protection of Birds. &
- 1989. Corncrake and Corn Bunting status and habitats on Tiree and Coll, Inner Hebrides. In Stroud, D.A. (ed.) Birds of Coll and Tiree, Status, Habitats and Conservation: 51–66. Edinburgh : Nature Conservancy Council.
- 1994. Directions in conservation biology. J. Anim. Ecol. 63: 215–244.
- 1991. Population regulation of seabirds: Implications of their demography for conservation. In Perrins, CM., Lebreton, J.-D. & Hirons, G.J.M. (eds) Bird Population Studies: Relevance to conservation and management: 272–296. Oxford : Oxford University Press. &
- 1990. Reproductive performance, recruitment and survival of Wandering Albatrosses Diomedea exulans at Bird Island, South Georgia. J. Anim. Ecol. 59: 773–794. , , &
- 1970. On territorial behaviour and other factors influencing habitat distribution in birds. Acta Biothe-or. 19: 16–36. &
- 1993. The effect of migration and scale on the study of bird populations: 1991 Witherby Lecture. Bird Study 40: 81–96.
- 1991. The relevance of population studies to the conservation of threatened birds. In Perrins, CM., Lebreton, J.-D. & Hirons, G.J.M. (eds) Bird Population Studies: Relevance to conservation and management: 594–636. Oxford : Oxford University Press. &
- 1993. The decline of the Corncrake Crex crex in Britain and Ireland in relation to habitat change. J. Appl. Ecol. 30: 689–695. &
- 1994. The ecology of the Corncrake Crex crex and action for its conservation in Britain and Ireland. In Bignal, E. & Curtis, D.J. (eds) Third European Forum on Birds and Pastoralism: 1–3. Paisley : Joint Nature Conservation Committee. &
- 1985. Analysing selection experiments with log-linear models. Ecology 66: 1744–1748.
- 1993. The development of new criteria for listing species on the IUCN Red List. Species 19: 16–22. , , , , , , , &
- 1945. Summary of a report on the distribution and status of the Corn-crake Crex crex. Br. Birds 38: 142–148, 162–168.
- 1947. Report on the distribution and status of the Corn-crake. Br. Birds 40: 226–244.
- 1991. Constraints on demographic parameters of bird populations. In Perrins, CM., Lebreton, J.-D. & Hirons, G.J.M. (eds) Bird Population Studies: Relevance to conservation and management: 190–206. Oxford : Oxford University Press.
- 1992. Status and conservation of the Corncrake Crex crex outside the breeding grounds. Tauraco 2: 1–23. &
- 1991. Radio-telemetry studies of Corncrake in Great Britain. Vogelwelt 112: 10–16. &
- 1993. The decline of the Corncrake Crex crex in Britain and Ireland in relation to habitat. J. Appl. Ecol. 30: 53–62. , , &
- 1987. Population dynamics of the Wandering Albatross Diomedea exulans of the Crozet Islands: Causes and consequences of the population decline. Oikos 49: 315–322. &