Buzzards Buteo buteo and Ravens Corvus corax in the uplands of Britain: limits to distribution and abundance
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Volume 137, Issue Supplement s1, pages S75–S84, January 1995
How to Cite
GIBBONS, D., GATES, S., GREEN, R. E., FULLER, R. J. and FULLER, R. M. (1995), Buzzards Buteo buteo and Ravens Corvus corax in the uplands of Britain: limits to distribution and abundance. Ibis, 137: S75–S84. doi: 10.1111/j.1474-919X.1995.tb08460.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- 1983. A land characteristic data bank for Great Britain. Bangor : Institute of Terrestrial Ecology. , &
- 1993. Countryside Survey 1990: Main report. London : Department of the Environment. , . , , , , , , , &
- 1983. A stratification system for ecological sampling. In Fuller, R.M. (ed.) Ecological Mapping from Ground, Air and Space: 39–46. Cambridge : Institute of Terrestrial Ecology. , &
- 1980. Silent Death. Sandy : Royal Society for the Protection of Birds.
- 1991. Death by Design: The persecution of birds of prey and owls in the UK 1979–1989. Sandy : Royal Society for the Protection of Birds and Nature Conservancy Council.
- 1973. Spatial Autocorrelation. London : Pion.
- 1978. The Crows: A study of the corvids of Europe. London : B.T. Batsford Ltd.
- 1991. A review of reports of buzzard persecution 1975–1989. Bird Study 38: 52–56. &
- 1993. Countryside Survey 1990: Mapping the land cover of Great Britain using Landsat imagery: A demonstrator project. Abbots Ripton : Institute of Terrestrial Ecology. , , &
- 1994. Declining farmland bird species: Modelling geographical patterns of abundance in Britain. In Edwards, P.J., May, R.M. & Webb, N. (eds) Large Scale Ecology and Conservation Biology. 35th Symaposium of the British Ecological Society. Oxford : Blackwell Scientific Publications. , , &
- 1993. The New Atlas of Breeding Birds in Britain and Ireland: 1988–1991. London : T&AD Poyser. , &
- 1992. Changes in burning of Scottish heather moorland since the 1940s from aerial photography. Biol. Conserv. 60: 25–30. &
- The Atlas of Breeding Birds in Britain and Ireland: 18751900. London : T&AD Poyser. . in press.
- 1992. Grouse in space and time: The population biology of a managed gamebird. Fordingbridge : The Game Conservancy Trust.
- 1990. Multivariate analysis in ecology and systematics: Panacea or Pandora's box? Ann. Rev. Ecol. Syst. 21: 129–166. &
- 1978. The decline of the Raven Corvus corax in relation to afforestation in southern Scotland and northern England. J. Appl. Ecol. 15: 129–144. , &
- 1983. The status of the Raven in southern Scotland and Northumberland. Scot. Birds 12: 211–218.
- 1957. The past and present status of the Buzzard in the British Isles. Br. Birds 69: 193–201.
- 1982. Ravens and Buzzards in relation to sheep farming and forestry in Wales. J. Appl. Ecol. 19: 681–706. , &
- 1973. Breeding Birds ofBritain and Ireland: A historical survey. Berkhamsted : T&AD Poyser.
- 1976. Dispersal and causes of death in Buzzards. Br. Birds 69: 193–201. &
- 1990. Bird Life of Mountain and Upland. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press.
- 1988a. Energy constraints on avian distribution and abundances. Ecology 69: 330–339.
- 1988b. Environmental factors associated with avian distributional boundaries. J. Biogeogr. 15: 489–505.
- SAS Institute. 1990. SAS/STAT User's Guide, Version 6, 4th ed., Vol. 2. Cary , N.C. : SAS Institute, Inc.
- 1983. Buzzard—Regaining lost ground. Birds (Lond.) 9(8): 27.
- 1988. Buzzard breeding distribution and abundance in Britain and Northern Ireland in 1983. Bird Study 35: 109–118. , &
- 1986. Birds in Scotland. Calton : T&AD Poyser.
- 1974. The Buzzard. Newton Abbot : David & Charles.
- 1975. An Introduction to Trend Surface Analysis. Norwich : Geobooks.
- 1989. Golden Eagles Aquila chrysaetos: Land use and food in northeast Scotland. Ibis 131: 336–348. , &