Landscape-scale socio-economics of sea-level rise
Article first published online: 23 SEP 2004
Volume 146, Issue Supplement s1, pages 11–17, September 2004
How to Cite
Knogge, T., Schirmer, M. and Schuchardt, B. (2004), Landscape-scale socio-economics of sea-level rise. Ibis, 146: 11–17. doi: 10.1111/j.1474-919X.2004.00322.x
- Issue published online: 23 SEP 2004
- Article first published online: 23 SEP 2004
- Received 22 March 2002; revision accepted 10 November 2003.
- 2004. Managed realignment in the UK – the first five years of colonization by birds. Ibis 146 (Suppl.1): 102–111. , , , , , &
- 2003. The likely impact of sea level rise on waders (Charadrii) wintering on estuaries. J. Nat. Conserv. 11: 43–58. &
- 2004. Global and regional governmental policy and treaties as tools towards the mitigation of the effects of climate change on waterbirds. Ibis 146 (Suppl.1): 112–120. &
- 1992. The Economics of Global Warming. Washington, DC: Institute for International Economics.
- 2004. The effect of sea-level rise on coastal geomorphology. Ibis 146 (Suppl.1): S18–S20.
- 1999. Estimates of the Economic Effects of Sea Level Rise. Institute for Environmental Studies (IVM). Discussion Paper D98/11. Amsterdam: IVM. &
- 1997. Potential Risk and Vulnerability of the German North Sea and Baltic Sea Coasts in the Face of Climate Change. Final Report for BMBF, no. 01LK9114/8 and 01LK9407/0 (in German). Bonn: BMBF. , &
- 1994. Protection vs retreat: estimating the costs of sea level rise. Env. a. Plan. A 27: 299–319.
- 1995. Valuing Climate Change – the Economics of the Greenhouse. London: Earthscan Publications Limited.
- 1994. The social costs of greenhouse gas emissions. In , OECD (ed.) The Economics of Climate Change – Proceedings of an OECD/IEA Conference: 71–86. Paris: OECD. &
- 1993. A Global Vulnerability Analysis: Vulnerability Assessment for Population, Coastal Wetlands and Rice Production and a Global Scale, 2nd edn. Delft: Delft Hydraulics. , &
- IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change). 2001. Climate Change 2001. Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability. Contribution of Working Group II to the Third Assessment Report of the IPCC. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Response Strategies Working Group). 1991. The Seven Steps to the Assessment of the Vulnerability of Coastal Areas to Sea Level Rise, A Common Methodology. Bd. Revision No. 1. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- 1999. Adaptation to climate variability and change: methodological issues. Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change 4: 189–198. &
- 1999. Assessment of coastal vulnerability to climate change. Ambio 28: 182–187. &
- 2002. Environmental Shocks and Long Term Regional Economic Development – an Integrative Analysis of Regional Economic Impacts of Global Climate Change. Frankfurt Am Main: Peter-Lang Verlag (in German).
- 1991. Changes in abundance, distribution and mortality of wintering Oystercatchers after habitat loss in the Delta area, SW Netherlands. Acta Int. Ornithol. Congr. XX: 2208–2218 .
- 1999. Coastal protection in the region of the Weser Estuary. Bremen Contribution to Geography and Regional Planning, no. 35: 109–127. Bremen: University of Bremen (in German). &
- 1991. Effects of a substantial reduction in intertidal area on numbers and densities of waders. Acta Int. Ornithol. Congr. XX: 2219–2227.
- 1995. Impacts and responses to sea-level rise: qualitative and quantitative assessments. J. Coastal Res. 14: 26–43. , , &
- 1991. To slow or not to slow: the economics of the greenhouse effect. Econ. J. 101: 920–937.
- 2001. Climate change and the ecology of the Weser estuary region: assessing the impact of an abrupt change in climate. Climate Res. 18: 97–104. , &
- 2001. Coastal management and sea-level rise. Catena 42: 307–322.
- 2002. Estuarine and tidal wetland restoration in the United Kingdom: policy versus practice. Restoration Ecol. 10: 431–437.
- 1994. Man-made lagoons and how their attractiveness to waders might be increased by manipulating the biomass of an insect benthos. J. Appl. Ecol. 31: 383–401.
- 1994. Changes in the waterbird populations of the Oosterschelde (SW Netherlands) as a result of large-scale coastal engineering works. Hydrobiologia 282/283: 509–524. , &
- 2001. Assessing the impact of climate change on the Weser estuary region: an interdisciplinary approach. Climate Res. 18: 133–140. &
- 1995. The damage costs of climate change toward more comprehensive calculations. Env. Res. Econ. 5: 353–374.
- 1998. The Regional Impacts of Climate Change – an Assessment of Vulnerability. A special report of IPCC Working Group II. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. & (eds).
- 1995. Assessing the economic cost of greenhouse-induced sea level rise: methods and applications in support of a national survey. J. Env. Econ. Man. 29: 78–97. , &