Managed realignment in the UK – the first 5 years of colonization by birds
Article first published online: 23 SEP 2004
Volume 146, Issue Supplement s1, pages 101–110, September 2004
How to Cite
Atkinson, P. W., Crooks, S., Drewitt, A., Grant, A., Rehfisch, M. M., Sharpe, J. and Tyas, C. J. (2004), Managed realignment in the UK – the first 5 years of colonization by birds. Ibis, 146: 101–110. doi: 10.1111/j.1474-919X.2004.00334.x
- Issue published online: 23 SEP 2004
- Article first published online: 23 SEP 2004
- Received September 2002; revision accepted October 2003.
- 1998. The wintering ecology of the Twite Carduelis flavirostris and the consequences of habitat loss. PhD thesis, University of East Anglia.
- 2003. Can we create or restore intertidal habitats for shorebirds? Wader Study Group Bull. 100: 67–72.
- 2001. The Success of Creation and Restoration Schemes in Producing Intertidal Habitat Suitable for Waterbirds. English Nature Research Reports. Peterborough: English Nature. , , &
- 2003. The likely impact of sea level rise on waders (Charadrii) wintering on estuaries. J. Nat. Conserv. 11: 43–58. &
- 1996. Habitat associations of coastal wintering passerines. Bird Study 43: 188–200. &
- 1994. Sites of Historical Sea Defence Failure. Phase II Study. Hull: Institute of Estuarine and Coastal Studies.
- 2001. The Effect of the Cardiff Bay Barrage on Waterbird Populations. 11. Distribution and Movement Studies August 1999–May 2000. BTO Research Report no. 254 to Cardiff Bay Development Corporation (up to 31 March 2000) and The County Council of the City and County of Cardiff (from 1 April 2000). Thetford: BTO. , , , &
- 1994. Age-dependant choice of redshank (Tringa totanus) feeding location: profitability or risk? J. Anim. Ecol. 63: 589–600.
- 1998. Botanical Monitoring of the Saltmarsh Option of the Habitat Scheme 1995–97. ADAS Report to Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food. Oxford: ADAS.
- 2001. Seal Sands Northwest Enclosure Intertidal Habitat Re-Creation: Invertebrate Recolonisation and Use by Waterfowl and Shorebirds, 1997–2000. Final report to INCA Projects and English Nature. Durham: University of Durham. , &
- 1998. Creation of temperate-climate intertidal mudflats: factors affecting colonization and use by benthic invertebrates and their bird predators. Mar. Pollut. Bull. 37: 535–545. , , &
- 1997. Diet and habitat preferences of wintering passerines on the Taff/Ely salt marshes. Bird Study 44: 367–373.
- 1991. Are Spartina marshes a replaceable resource – a functional approach to evaluation of marsh creation efforts. Estuaries 14: 1–16. &
- 2000. Declining coastal bird populations in Great Britain: victims of climate change and sea-level rise? Environ. Rev. 8: 303–323. &
- 2004. Climate change and coastal waterbird populations – past declines and future impacts. Ibis 146 (Suppl.1): S83–S90. , &
- 1999. Managed Realignment at Tollesbury and Saltram. Annual report for 1998. Dorset: Institute of Terrestrial Ecology. , , , , , , , , , , , , &
- 2000. Managed Realignment at Tollesbury and Saltram. Annual report for 1999. Unpublished Report. Dorset: Centre for Ecology & Hydrology. , , , , , , , , , , &
- 1996. Functional equivalency trajectories of the restored Gog-Le-Hi-Te estuarine wetland. Ecol. Appl. 6: 38–56. &
- 1998. CANOCO Reference Manual and Users’ Guide to Canoco for Windows. Wageningen: Centre for Biometry. &