This paper is an official publication of the British Ornithologists’ Union.
Changes to Category C of the British List†
Article first published online: 12 SEP 2005
Volume 147, Issue 4, pages 803–820, October 2005
How to Cite
DUDLEY, S. P. (2005), Changes to Category C of the British List. Ibis, 147: 803–820. doi: 10.1111/j.1474-919X.2005.00470.x
- Issue published online: 12 SEP 2005
- Article first published online: 12 SEP 2005
- 1910. Partridge Driving. London: Murray.
- Argyll Bird Club. Argyll Bird Report 1993–2001.
- 2003. Re-introduction of White-tailed Eagles (Haliaeetus albicilla) to Scotland. In Thompson, D.B.A., Redpath, S.M., Fielding, A.H., Marquiss, M. & Galbraith, C.A. (eds) Birds of Prey in a Changing Environment: 393–406. Edinburgh: The Stationery Office. , , , , , , &
- 1963. The Birds of the British Isles, Vol. 12. Edinburgh: Oliver & Boyd.
- Bedfordshire Natural History Society. Bedfordshire Bird Report. 2001-2003.
- British Ornithologists’ Union. 1971a. Records Committee: Sixth Report (February 1971). Ibis 113: 420–423.
- British Ornithologists’ Union. 1971b. The Status of Birds in Britain and Ireland. Oxford: Blackwell.
- British Ornithologists’ Union. 1992. Checklist of the Birds of Britain and Ireland, 6th edn. Tring: British Ornithologists’ Union.
- British Ornithologists’ Union. 2002. British Ornithologists’ Union Records Committee: 28th Report (October 2001). Ibis 144: 181–184.
- British Ornithologists’ Union. 2003. British Ornithologists’ Union Records Committee: 29th Report (October 2002). Ibis 145: 178–183.
- British Ornithologists’ Union. 2005. British Ornithologists’ Union Records Committee: 31st Report (October 2004). Ibis 147: 246–250.
- Cambridge(shire) Bird Club. Cambridgeshire Bird Report 1994–2003.
- Cambridgeshire Bird Club (CBC). Unpublished records from the county dataset.
- 1985. A Dictionary of Birds. Calton: T. & A.D. Poyser. & (eds)
- 2003. Re-introduction and conservation of Red Kite (Milvus milvus) in Britain: current threats and prospects for future range expansion. In Thompson, D.B.A., Redpath, S.M., Fielding, A.H., Marquiss, M. & Galbraith, C.A. (eds) Birds of Prey in a Changing Environment: 407–416. Edinburgh: The Stationery Office. , , , , , , , , , &
- 1992. Barn Owl captive breeding and release in Britain. New Scientist 1807: 29–33. &
- 1977. The Birds of the Western in Palearctic, Vol. 1. Oxford: Oxford University Press. (ed.)
- 1985. The Birds of the Western in Palearctic, Vol. 4. Oxford: Oxford University Press. (ed.)
- Cumbria Bird Club. Cumbria Bird Report 2000–2003.
- 1993. Introduced and escaped geese in Britain in summer 1991. Br. Birds 86: 591–599.
- 1995. The 1991 survey of introduced geese. In Carter, S.P. (Ed.) Britain's Birds in 1991–1992: the Conservation and Monitoring Review. British Trust for Ornithology/Joint Nature Conservation Committee.
- Derbyshire Ornithological Society. Derbyshire Bird Report 1997–2002.
- 1988. Breeding status of the Gadwall in Britain and Ireland. Br. Birds 81: 51–56.
- 1993. The New Atlas of Breeding Birds in Britain and Ireland: 1988–1991. London: T. & A.D. Poyser. , &
- Gloucestershire Ornithological Co-ordinating Committee. Gloucestershire Bird Report 1990–2002.
- 1970. Duck rearing and ringing. In Sedgwick, N.M., Whitaker, P. & Harrison, J. (eds) The New Wildfowler. London: Herbert Jenkins/The Wildfowlers’ Association of Great Britain and Ireland (WAGBI). &
- 1988. The Pheasant: Ecology, Management and Conservation. Oxford: Blackwell Scientific Publications. &
- 1998. The British List: new categories and their relevance to conservation. Br. Birds 91: 2–11. , , &
- 1996. The Introduction and Naturalisation of Birds. London: The Stationery Office. & (eds)
- 1995. Naturalised birds: feral, exotic, introduced or alien? Br. Birds 88: 602–603. &
- 1933. Partridges from Czechoslovakia. Gt. Missenden: Gaybird.
- 1990. Man and Wildfowl. London: T. & A.D. Poyser.
- Lancashire & Cheshire Fauna Society. Lancashire Bird Report 1990–2003.
- 1925. Notes on Texas ducks. Auk 42: 263.
- Lincolnshire Bird Club. Lincolnshire Bird Report 1979–96.
- 2002. Mitochondrial DNA variation and the phylogeography of the Grey Partridge (Perdix perdix) in Europe: from Pleistocene history to present day speculations. J. Evol. Biol. 15: 971–982. , &
- 2002. Pheasants, Partridges & Grouse. London: Helm. &
- 1990. Population Trends in British Breeding Birds. Tring: British Trust for Ornithology. , , &
- 1976. The occurrence of escaped waterfowl in Gloucestershire. Gloucestershire Bird Report 1975: 26–28. &
- 1905. Naturalization of the Golden Pheasant. Ann. Scott. Nat. Hist. 1905: 53–54.
- 1911. Partridges and Partridge Manors. London: Black.
- 1989. Wintering Wildfowl of Coll and Tiree. In Stroud, D.A. (Ed.) The Birds of Coll and Tiree: Status, Habitats and Conservation. Edinburgh: Nature Conservancy Council/Scottish Ornithologists’ Club.
- 2005. The status of Lady Amherst's Pheasant in Britain. Br. Birds 98: 20–25.
- Norfolk & Norwich Naturalists’ Society. Norfolk Bird Report 1992–2003.
- and the Rare Breeding Birds Panel. 2002. Non-native birds breeding in the United Kingdom in 2000. Br. Birds 95: 631–635.
- and the Rare Breeding Birds Panel. 2003. Non-native birds breeding in the United Kingdom in 2001. Br. Birds 96: 620–625.
- and the Rare Breeding Birds Panel. 2004. Non-native birds breeding in the United Kingdom in 2002. Br. Birds 97: 633–637.
- 1986. Wildfowl in Great Britain, 2nd edn. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. , &
- Peterborough Bird Club. Peterborough Birds 1998–2003.
- 1996. History of the Northern Goshawk Accipiter gentilis in Britain. In Holmes, J.S. & Simons, J.R. (eds) The Introduction and Naturalisation of Birds: 95–102. London: The Stationery Office.
- 2001. Determination of the origin of British feral Rose-ringed Parakeets. Br. Birds 94: 74–79. &
- 1986. The Partridge: Pesticides, Predation and Conservation. London: Collins.
- 1988. The impact of releasing hybrid partridges on wild red-legged partridge populations. Game Conservancy Annu. Rev. 30: 81–84. Fordingbridge: Game Conservancy Trust.
- 1990. Numbers, harvest, status and management recommendations for game species in the UK. Game Conservancy Annu. Rev. 33: 30. Fordingbridge: Game Conservancy Trust.
- 2000. Partridges in Hungary. Hungarian Small Game Bull. 5: 267–290. &
- 1996. Naturalised introduced gamebirds in Britain. In Holmes, J.S. & Simons, J.R. (eds) The Introduction and Naturalisation of Birds: 63–69. London: The Stationery Office.
- 2004. The Naturalised Goose Survey 2000. Slimbridge: Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Research Report. , , &
- 2005. Taxonomic recommendations for British Birds: third report. Ibis 147: in press. , , , &
- 1970. The New Wildfowler. London: Herbert Jenkins/The Wildfowler. Association of Great Britain and Ireland (WAGBI). , & (eds)
- 1976. The Atlas of Breeding Birds in Britain and Ireland. Calton: T. & A.D. Posyer.
- Suffolk Ornithologists’ Group. Suffolk Birds 1995–2003.
- 1959. Hasen, Rebhühner, Fasanen. Budapest: Terra Verlag. , &
- 2004. The occurrence of Red-winged Laughingthrushes Garrulax formosus on the Isle of Man. Peregrine 8: 348–350. &
- 1993. Review of status and categorisation of feral birds on the British List. Br. Birds 86: 605–614. , &
- 1954. A History of the Fens. London: George & Harrap.
- 2002. The Migration Atlas: Movements of the Birds of Britain and Ireland. London: T. & A.D. Poyser. , , , , & (eds)
- Wiltshire Ornithological Society. The Hobby 1–30 (containing annual county bird report for 1975–2003).
- 1934. The Hungarian partridge in the Great Lakes region. Univ. Michigan School Forry Conserv. Bull. 5: 1–92.