Future directions in disturbance research
Version of Record online: 5 MAR 2007
Volume 149, Issue Supplement s1, pages 120–124, March 2007
How to Cite
SUTHERLAND, W. J. (2007), Future directions in disturbance research. Ibis, 149: 120–124. doi: 10.1111/j.1474-919X.2007.00673.x
- Issue online: 5 MAR 2007
- Version of Record online: 5 MAR 2007
- Received 3 July 2006; revision accepted 5 December 2006.
- 2007. Political and social drivers for access to the countryside: the need for research on birds and recreational disturbance. Ibis 149 (Suppl. 1): 3–8.
- 2004. When good animals love bad habitats: ecological traps and the conservation of animal populations. Conserv. Biol. 18: 1482–1491.
- 2007. Managing visitor access to seabird colonies: a spatial simulation and empirical observations. Ibis 149 (Suppl. 1): 102–111.
- 2006. Census error and the detection of density-dependence. J. Anim. Ecol. 75: 837–851. , , &
- 2001. Why behavioural responses may not reflect the population consequences of human disturbance. Biol. Conserv. 97: 265–268. , , &
- 2001. Ecological traps in changing environments: ecological and evolutionary consequences of a behaviourally mediated Allee effect. Evol. Ecol. Res. 3: 537–551. &
- 2007. What effects do walkers and dogs have on the distribution and productivity of breeding Nightjar Caprimulgus europaeus? Ibis 149 (Suppl. 1): 27–36. , , , &
- 2007. Predicting the population consequences of human disturbance for Ringed Plover Charadrius hiaticula: a game theory approach. Ibis 149 (Suppl. 1): 82–94. &
- 1998. Experimental refuges for migratory waterfowl in Danish wetlands. II. Tests of hunting disturbance effects. J. Appl. Ecol. 35: 386–397.
- 2007. Predicting the consequences of recreational disturbance for a woodlark Lullula arborea population on heathlands in southern England. J. Appl. Ecol. 44: 185–195. , , &
- 2007. Habitat type determines the effects of disturbance on the breeding productivity of the Dartford Warbler Sylvia undata. Ibis 149 (Suppl. 1): 16–26. , , , , &
- 2007. Testing the effects of recreational disturbance on two upland breeding waders. Ibis 149 (Suppl. 1): 45–55. , , &
- 2003. Green Exercise: Complementary Roles of Nature, Exercise and Diet in Physical and Emotional Well-Being and Implications for Public Health Policy. University of Essex: CES Occasional paper 2003-1. , , &
- 2007. Predicting the effect of disturbance on coastal birds. Ibis 149 (Suppl. 1): 73–81. , &
- 1998. The effect of local change in habitat quality on populations of migratory species. J. Appl. Ecol. 35: 418–421.
- 2006. Predicting the ecological consequences of environmental change: a review of the methods. J. Appl. Ecol. 43: 599–616.
- 2006. The identification of one hundred ecological questions of high policy relevance in the UK. J. Appl. Ecol. 43: 617–627. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , &
- 2004. The need for evidence-based conservation. Trends Ecol. Evol 19: 305–308. , , &
- 2007. Stone-curlews Burhinus oedicnemus and recreational disturbance: developing a management tool for access. Ibis 149 (Suppl. 1): 37–44. &
- 2007. Visitor patterns on southern heaths: a review of visitor access patterns to heathlands in the UK and the relevance to Annex 1 bird species. Ibis 149 (Suppl. 1): 112–119. &