Factors influencing Willow Tit Poecile montanus site occupancy: a comparison of abandoned and occupied woods
Version of Record online: 23 NOV 2007
Volume 149, Issue Supplement s2, pages 205–213, November 2007
How to Cite
LEWIS, A. J. G., AMAR, A., CORDI-PIEC, D. and THEWLIS, R. M. (2007), Factors influencing Willow Tit Poecile montanus site occupancy: a comparison of abandoned and occupied woods. Ibis, 149: 205–213. doi: 10.1111/j.1474-919X.2007.00733.x
- Issue online: 23 NOV 2007
- Version of Record online: 23 NOV 2007
- Received 8 September 2006; revision accepted 24 April 2007.
- 2006. What's Happening to Our Woodland Birds? Long-Term Changes in the Populations of Woodland Birds. RSPB research report no. 19, BTO research report no. 169. RSPB, Sandy, UK. , , , , , , , &
- 1993. Countryside Survey 1990. London: Department of the Environment. , , , , , , , , , &
- 2005. The State of the UK's Birds 2004. Sandy, UK: BTO, RSPB, WWT, CCW, EN, EHS and SNH. , , , , , , , , , &
- 2005. Recent declines in populations of woodland birds in Britain: a review of possible causes. Br. Birds 98: 116–143. , , &
- 1993. The New Atlas of Breeding Birds in Britain and Ireland: 1988–1991. London: Poyser. , &
- 1975. Forestry Commission Booklet No. 39. Forest Mensuration Handbook. London: HMSO.
- 2007. Recent changes in British Woodland Bird Populations. Ibis 149 (Suppl. 2): 14–28. , , , , , &
- Kirby, K.J. & Buckley, G.P. (eds) 1994. Ecological Responses to the 1987 Great Storm in the Woods of South-East England. English Nature Science no. 23. Peterborough: English Nature.
- 1998. Preliminary estimates of fallen dead wood and standing dead trees in managed and unmanaged forests in Britain. J. Appl. Ecol. 35: 148–155. , , &
- 2005. A Re-Survey and Analysis of Change Based on the 103 Sites in the Nature Conservancy ‘Bunce 1971’ Woodland Survey. English Nature Research Reports no. 653. Peterborough: English Nature. , , , , &
- 1996. SAS System for Mixed Models. Cary, NC: SAS Institute. , , &
- 1990. Population Trends in British Breeding Birds. Tring: British Trust for Ornithology. , , &
- 2002. Nest-site competition with Blue Tits and Great Tits as a possible cause of declines in Willow Tit numbers: observations in the Clyde area. Glasg. Nat. 24: 47–50.
- 1983. The influence of Dutch elm disease on bird population trends. Bird Study 30: 27–38.
- 2004. Habitat selection by song thrushes in stable and declining farmland populations. J. Appl. Ecol. 41: 275–293. , , , , , , &
- 1979. British Tits. London: New Naturalist, Collins.
- 1996. Natural Woodland: Ecology and Conservation in Northern Temperate Regions. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- SAS Institute. 2003. SAS Online Doc9. http://support.sas.com/91doc/docMainpage.jsp .
- 2004. Possible roles of habitat, competition and avian nest predation in the decline of the Willow Tit Parus montanus in Britain. Bird Study 51: 193–202.
- 2007. The utilization of dead wood resources by woodpeckers in Britain. Ibis 149 (Suppl. 2): 183–192.
- 1993. The Breeding Birds of Hertfordshire. The Hertfordshire Natural History Society Hereford. , , , &
- Snow, D.W. & Perrins, C.M. (eds) 1998. The Birds of the Western Palearctic: Concise Edition, Vol. 2. Oxford: Oxford University Press.