Comparison of optometrist glaucoma referrals against published guidelines
Article first published online: 26 SEP 2012
Ophthalmic & Physiological Optics © 2012 The College of Optometrists
Ophthalmic and Physiological Optics
Volume 32, Issue 6, pages 472–477, November 2012
How to Cite
Citation information: Comparison of optometrist glaucoma referrals against published guidelines. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 2012. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-1313.2012.00943.x, , .
- Issue published online: 11 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 26 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 21 APR 2012
- Department of Health's National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Biomedical Research Centre
- UCL Institute of Ophthalmology
- 1Glaucoma: diagnosis and management of chronic open angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension, in Clinical guidelines CG85. 2009, National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/pdf/CG85NICEGuideline.pdf, accessed 12/3/12.
- 2ABDO AOP, FODO, Advice on NICE glaucoma guidelines. Issued 24 April 2009; 6th revision 11 February 2010. http://www.fodo.com/downloads/resources/NICE%20Guidelines%20Glaucoma%20joint%20body%20guidance%2011Feb10%20update.pdf, accessed 12/3/12.
- 3Referral behaviour among optometrists: increase in the number of referrals from optometrists following the publication of the April 2009 NICE guidelines for the diagnosis and management of COAG and OHT in England and Wales and its implications. OiP, 2010; 11: 33–38., , & .
- 4Guidance on the referral of Glaucoma suspects by community optometrists: Issued by The College of Optometrists and The Royal College of Ophthalmologists. December 2009; updated December 2010. http://www.college-optometrists.org/en/utilities/document-summary.cfm/docid/B7251E0C-2436-455A-B15F1E43B6594206, accessed 12/3/12.
- 8Maximising the sensitivity and specificity of non-contact tonometry in glaucoma screening. Eye (Lond), 1991; 5 (Pt 4): 491–493., & .
- 14The changing pattern of glaucoma referrals by optometrists. Eye, 1998. 12 (Pt 5): 854–857..
- 19European Glaucoma Society. Terminology and Guidelines for Glaucoma. 2003, DOGMA Srl: Savona, Italy. http://www.eugs.org/eng/EGS_guidelines.asp, accessed 12/3/12.