Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: New Ways of Working in Primary Care
Version of Record online: 20 OCT 2006
Child and Adolescent Mental Health
Volume 12, Issue 4, pages 160–163, November 2007
How to Cite
Salmon, G. and Kirby, A. (2007), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: New Ways of Working in Primary Care. Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 12: 160–163. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-3588.2006.00422.x
- Issue online: 20 OCT 2006
- Version of Record online: 20 OCT 2006
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2001). Clinical practice guideline: Treatment of the school-aged child with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. Pediatrics, 108, 1033–1044.
- 2001). Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and the use of methylphenidate: A survey of the views of general practitioners. Psychiatric Bulletin, 25, 301–304. (
- 1996). Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. In E.J.Mash & R.A.Barkley (Eds.), Child psychopathology. pp. 45–58. New York: Guilford Press. (
- Department of Health (2000). The NHS plan. London: HMSO.
- Department of Health (2003a). Guidelines for the appointment of General Practitioners with special interests in the delivery of clinical services: Mental health. London: Department of Health Publications.
- Department of Health (2003b). Practitioners with special interests: Bringing services closer to patients. London: Department of Health Publications.
- 2002). The general practitioner with special interest: New opportunities or the end of the generalist practitioner. British Journal of General Practice, 52, 796–797. , , & (
- Gruffydd-Jones (2003). Accreditation and appraisal of the general practitioner with a special interest in respiratory medicine. Primary Care Respiratory Journal, 12, 107.
- 2000). Parents and general practitioners differed in some of their views of child hyperactivity. British Journal of General Practice, 50, 199–202. , & (
- 2005). Do teachers know more about specific learning difficulties than General Practitioners? British Journal of Special Education, 32, 122–126. , , & (
- 2004). Diagnosing and treating attentional difficulties: A nationwide survey. Archives of Disease in Childhood, 89, 913–916. , & (
- 2000). Mental health of children and adolescents in Great Britain. London: The Stationary Office. , , , & (
- 1988). Disorders usually evident in infancy, childhood or adolescence. In J.A.Talbott, R.E.Hales & S.C.Yudofsky (Eds.), Textbook of psychiatry. pp. 649–735. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Press. (
- Royal College of General Practitioners (2001). Implementing a scheme for General Practitioners with special clinical interests. London: RCGP.
- Royal College of General Practitioners (2004). http://www.rcgp.org.uk/information/publications/information/PDFInfo/11_MAR_04.pdf .
- 2003). A qualitative study of GPs’ attitudes and practices in the diagnosis and management of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Family Practice, 20, 129–134. , , , & (
- 1998). Clinical guidelines for hyperkinetic disorder. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 7, 184–200. , , , , , , & (
- 2004). European clinical guidelines for hyperkinetic disorder- first upgrade. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 13 (supplement 1), 17–30. , , , , , , , , , , , & (
- 2002). Is primary care ready to take on Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder? BMC Family Practice, 3, 7. ( http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2296/3/7 ). , & (
- 2003). Knowledge, attitudes and practices of general practitioners in the Free State regarding the management of children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). South African Family Practice, 45, 12–17. , , & (