A Characterisation of Tier 2 Services in Child and Adolescent Mental Health
Version of Record online: 23 MAR 2007
Child and Adolescent Mental Health
Volume 12, Issue 2, pages 87–93, May 2007
How to Cite
Salmond, C. H. and Jim, J. (2007), A Characterisation of Tier 2 Services in Child and Adolescent Mental Health. Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 12: 87–93. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-3588.2007.00440.x
- Issue online: 23 MAR 2007
- Version of Record online: 23 MAR 2007
- 2002). An evaluation of a primary care-based clinical psychology service. Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 7, 107–113. , & (
- American Psychiatric Association (2000). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders DSM-IV-TR (4th ed., Text Revision). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Publishing.
- 2000). Tier 2 CAMHS and its interface with primary care. Advances in Psychiatric Treatment, 6, 388–396. (
- 2000). Addressing the population burden of child and adolescent mental health problems: A primary care model. Child Psychology & Psychiatry Review, 5, 9–16. , & (
- 2005). When more is not better: The role of cumulative risk in child behavior outcomes. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 46, 235–245. , , , & (
- 2004). Factors Influencing parental engagement in a community child and adolescent mental health service: A qualitative comparison of completers and non-completers. Clinical Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 9, 347–361. , , , , & (
- Audit Commission (1999). Children in mind: Child and adolescent mental health services. Portsmouth, UK: Holbrooke Printers.
- 2006). National child and adolescent mental health service mapping exercise 2005. Durham: Durham University Mapping Team. , , , & (
- 2006). The depression report: A new deal for depression and anxiety disorders. London: London School of Economics. , , , , , , , , & (
- 2000). Child and adolescent mental health needs assessment and service implications in an inner city area. Clinical Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 5, 169–188. , , , & (
- 2002). Early intervention in the mental health of young people: A literature review. Adelaide: The Australian Early Intervention Network for Mental Health in Young People. , , , & (
- 1999). Community child mental-health services: A framework for the development of parenting initiatives. Clinical Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 4, 475–482. , & (
- 1997). Evaluating models of working at the interface between mental health services and primary care. British journal of psychiatry, 170, 6–11. , , & (
- Health Advisory Service (1995). Child and adolescent mental health services: Together we stand. London: HMSO.
- HM Treasury (2003). Every child matters. Norwich: HMSO.
- 2004). An RCT of early intervention in psychosis: Croydon Outreach and Assertive Support Team (COAST). Social Psychiatry & Psychiatric Epidemiology, 39, 358–363. , , , & (
- 2000). Child and adolescent mental health and primary health care: Current status and future directions. Current Opinion in Psychiatry, 13, 369–373. , & (
- National Evaluation of Sure Start (NESS) Research Team (2004) The national evaluation of Sure Start local programmes in England. Child and Adolescent Mental Health 9, 2–8.
- National Institute for Clinical Excellence (2004a). Anxiety: Management of anxiety (panic disorder, with or without agoraphobia, and generalised anxiety disorder) in adults in primary, secondary and community care. Clinical Guideline 22. London: NICE.
- National Institute for Clinical Excellence (2004b). Depression: Management of depression in primary and secondary care. Clinical Guideline 23. London: NICE.
- National Health Service (2004). The children's national service framework. London: Department of Health.
- NSW Health Department (2001). Getting in early: A framework for early intervention and prevention in mental health for young people in NSW. Sydney: NSW Health Department.
- 1987). Ontario Child Health Study: II. Six month prevalence of disorder and rates of service utilization. Archives of General Psychiatry, 24, 832–836. , , , , , , , , , , , & (
- 1998). Lowering the burden of suffering from child psychiatric disorder: Trade-offs among clinical, targeted and universal interventions. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 37, 686–694. , , , , & (
- 1975). Attainment and adjustment in two geographical areas: I. The prevalence of psychiatric disorder. British Journal of Psychiatry, 24, 493–509. , , , , & (
- 2006). Evaluation of a CAMHS in primary care service for general practice. Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 11, 150–155. , & (
- World Health Organisation (1992). ICD-10: The ICD-10 classification of mental and behavioural disorders: Clinical descriptions and diagnostic guidelines. Geneva: World Health Organisation.