Evaluation of Screening in Children Referred for an ADHD Assessment
Article first published online: 4 AUG 2007
© 2007 Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health
Child and Adolescent Mental Health
Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 41–46, February 2008
How to Cite
Sayal, K., Letch, N. and Abd, S. E. (2008), Evaluation of Screening in Children Referred for an ADHD Assessment. Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 13: 41–46. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-3588.2007.00463.x
- Issue published online: 4 AUG 2007
- Article first published online: 4 AUG 2007
- American Academy of Pediatrics. (2000). Clinical practice guideline: Diagnosis and evaluation of the child with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Pediatrics, 105, 1158–1170.
- American Psychiatric Association. (1994). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (4th edn) (DSM-IV). Washington, DC: APA.
- 1999). On diagnosing rare disorders rarely: Appropriate use of screening instruments. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 40, 287–290. , & (
- 1997). Conners’Rating Scales-Revised technical manual. North Tonawanda, NY: Multi-Health Systems. (
- 2001). Is clinic prevalence of ICD-10 hyperkinesis underestimated? Impact of increasing awareness by a questionnaire screen in an UK clinic. European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 10, 130–134. , , , & (
- 1997). The Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire: A research note. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 38, 581–586. (
- 2000). The Development and Well-Being Assessment: Description and initial validation of an integrated assessment of child and adolescent psychopathology. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 41, 645–655. , , , , & (
- 2001). Current topic: An auditable protocol for treating attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Archives of Diseases in Childhood, 84, 404–409. , & (
- 2002). Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: Comorbidity and medication use. Clinical Pediatrics, 41, 461–469. , , & (
- The MTA Cooperative Group. (1999). A 14-month randomized clinical trial of treatment strategies for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Archives of General Psychiatry, 56, 1073–1086.
- 1994). Do parental concerns predict a diagnosis of ADHD? Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, 15, 348–352. , , & (
- National Institute for Clinical Excellence. (2000). Guidance on the use of methylphenidate (Ritalin, Equasym) for Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in childhood. (Technology appraisal guidance No. 13). London: NICE.
- 2003). Are psychostimulant drugs being used appropriately to treat child and adolescent disorders? British Journal of Psychiatry, 182, 284–286. , & (
- 2003). Parental perception of problems and mental health service use for hyperactivity. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 42, 1410–1414. , , & (
- 2006). Identification of children at risk of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: A school-based intervention. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, 41, 806–813. , , , , & (
- 2004). European clinical guidelines for hyperkinetic disorder - first upgrade. European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 13(Suppl. 1), I7–30. , , , , , , , , , , , & (
- 2003). Developmental course of ADHD symptomatology during the transition from childhood to adolescence: A review with recommendations. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 44, 88–106. (