Conflict of interest statement: David Foreman received £20,000 from Eli Lilly to fund the evaluation of a nurse-led ADHD clinic.
The Impact of Governmental Guidance on the Time Taken to Receive a Prescription for Medication for ADHD in England
Article first published online: 6 APR 2009
© 2009 Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health
Child and Adolescent Mental Health
Volume 15, Issue 1, pages 12–17, February 2010
How to Cite
Foreman, D. M. (2010), The Impact of Governmental Guidance on the Time Taken to Receive a Prescription for Medication for ADHD in England. Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 15: 12–17. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-3588.2009.00526.x
- Issue published online: 4 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 6 APR 2009
- 2000). Stimulant treatment for children: A community perspective. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 39, 975–984. , , , & (
- 2007). Conservative Party - News story - David Cameron: Empowering local communities can heal our broken society, from http://www.conservatives.com/tile.do?def=news.story.page&obj_id=137446&speeches=1 (
- 2003). Geographic variation in the prevalence of stimulant medication use among children 5 to 14 years old: Results from a commercially insured US sample. Pediatrics, 111, 237–243. , , , & (
- Durham University, Department of Health (2007). Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service Mapping: Atlas 2005, from http://www.camhsmapping.org.uk/2005/reports/live.php
- 2001). Is clinic prevalence of ICD-10 hyperkinesis underestimated? Impact of increasing awareness by a questionnaire. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 10, 130–134. , , , & (
- 2006). Clinic assessment for methylphenidate maintenance therapy in secondary care: Are parental questionnaires useful? Psychiatric Bulletin, 30, 406. , , & (
- 2007). Treatment for ADHD: Is more complex treatment cost-effective for more complex cases? Health Services Research, 42, 165–182. , , , , , , , & (
- 1999). Comparing the Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire and the Child Behavior Checklist: Is small beautiful? Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 27, 17–24. , & (
- 2000). The Development and Well-Being Assessment: Description and initial validation of an integrated assessment of child and adolescent psychopathology. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 41, 645–655. , , , , & (
- 2005). Mental health of children and young people in Great Britain, 2004 (ISBN 1-4039-8637-1). London: Department of Health, Scottish Executive. , , , , & (
- 2001). Regression modeling strategies. New York: Springer-Verlag. (
- 2000). Amelia: A program for missing data (Windows version). Cambridge, MA: Harvard University. , , , , & (
- Howe (2003). Hansard: Attention deficit disorders (No. 230205-10). London: Parliament.
- 2003). Mental health of children and adolescents in Great Britain. International Review of Psychiatry, 15, 185–187. , , , & (
- 1998). One pill makes you smarter: An ethical appraisal of the rise of Ritalin. From http://www.publicpolicy.umd.edu/IPPP/fall98/one_pill_makes_you_smarter.htm. (
- National Institute of Clinical Excellence (2000). Guidance on the treatment of ADHD (No. 13). London: National Institute of Clinical Excellence.
- National Statistics (2006). 2001 Census. Retrieved 15/02/2006, from http://www.statistics.gov.uk/census2001/pop2001/Bracknell_Forest_UA.asp.
- R Development Core Team (2007). R: A language and environment for statistical computing. (Version 2.6.1). Vienna: R Foundation for Statistical Computing.
- 1999). National trends in the prevalence of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and the prescribing of methylphenidate among school-age children: 1990-1995. Clinical Pediatrics, 38, 209. , , , & (
- 2000). Stimulant treatment in Maryland public schools. Pediatrics, 106, 533–539. , & (
- 2008). Evaluation of screening in children referred for an ADHD assessment. Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 13, 41–46. , , & (
- 2007). Impact of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) on prescription dug spending for children and adolescents: increasing relevance of health economic evidence. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health http://www.capmh.com/content/1/1/13, doi:10.1186/1753-2000-1-13. (
- 1996). The effectiveness of behavioral parent training to modify antisocial behavior in children: A meta-analysis. Behavior Therapy, 27, 171–186. , & (