On the role of operations research practice in strategic environmental impact assessment
Version of Record online: 30 JUN 2010
© 2010 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2010 International Federation of Operational Research Societies
International Transactions in Operational Research
Special Issue: Special issue on Ethics and O.R.: Guest Edited by Jean-Pierre Brans, Joao Climaco, Giorgio Gallo and Fred Wenstop
Volume 17, Issue 4, pages 445–456, July 2010
How to Cite
Clímaco, J. and Craveirinha, J. (2010), On the role of operations research practice in strategic environmental impact assessment. International Transactions in Operational Research, 17: 445–456. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-3995.2009.00726.x
- Issue online: 30 JUN 2010
- Version of Record online: 30 JUN 2010
- Received 29 December 2008; received in revised form 26 March 2009; accepted 19 May 2009
- ANSEA. 2002. Towards an Analytical Strategic Environmental Assessment. Tau Consultora Ambiental, Madrid.
- 2000. Pour un individu autonome. Manière de Voir – Le Monde Diplomatique 52, 14–17. ,
- 2004. A critical reflection on optimal decision. European Journal of Operational Research 153, 506–517. ,
- 2007. Limitations of cost–benefit analysis to support public debate: the case of public transportation decision-making in France. Cahier du LAMSADE 252. , ,
- 2000. Deliberative Democracy and Beyond: Liberals, Critics, Contestations. Oxford University Press, Oxford. ,
- 1974. The public sphere: An encyclopedic article. New German Critique 3, 49–55. ,
- Laboratorio Nacional de Engenharia Civil (LNEC). 2008. Avaliação Ambiental Estratégica do Estudo para Análise Comparada das Alternativas de Localização do Novo Aeroporto de Lisboa na Zona da Ota e na Zona do Campo de Tiro de Alcochete. LNEC, Report 21/2008-DT.
- 2007. Sistemas de Apoio à Participação Pùblica – um modelo de escrita em colaboração, Ph.D. thesis, Faculty of Economy, University of Coimbra (in Portuguese). ,
- 2008. Social Multi-Criteria Evaluation for a Sustainable Economy. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg. ,
- 1992. Managing with Power. Harvard Business School Press, Boston, MA. ,
- 1999. Decision-aiding today: What should we expect? In Gal, T., et al. (eds) Multiple Criteria Decision Making – Advances in MCDM Models, Algorithms, Theory and Applications. Kluwer, Dordrecht, pp. 1–35. ,
- 1996. Strategic Environmental Assessment: status, challenges and future directions. Report no. 53, Ministry of Housing, Spatial Planning and the Environment, The Hague, the Netherlands. , ,
- United Nations Economic Commission for Europe. Resource Manual to Support Application of the Protocol on SEA, ChapterA5: overview of basic tools for SEA. United Nations Economic Commission for Europe. Available at http://www.unece.org/env/eia/sea_manual/ (accessed 30 November 2009).