RADIOCARBON DATES FROM THE OXFORD AMS SYSTEM: ARCHAEOMETRY DATELIST 9
Article first published online: 23 AUG 2007
Volume 31, Issue 2, pages 207–234, August 1989
How to Cite
HEDGES, R. E. M., HOUSLEY, R. A., LAW, I. A. and BRONK, C. R. (1989), RADIOCARBON DATES FROM THE OXFORD AMS SYSTEM: ARCHAEOMETRY DATELIST 9. Archaeometry, 31: 207–234. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-4754.1989.tb01015.x
- Issue published online: 23 AUG 2007
- Article first published online: 23 AUG 2007
- Previous datelists can be found in the following volumes of Archaeometry:.
- No. 1: Archaeometry 26, 1 (1984), 15–20.
- No. 2: Archaeometry 27, 2 (1985), 237–24.
- No. 3: Archaeometry 28, 1 (1986), 116–125.
- No. 4: Archaeometry 28, 2 (1986), 206–221.
- No. 5: Archaeometry 29, 1 (1987), 125–155.
- No. 6: Archaeometry 29, 2 (1987), 289–306.
- No. 7: Archaeometry 30, 1 (1988), 155–164.
- No. 8: Archaeometry 30, 2 (1988), 291–305.
- References in text.
- Archaeological and environmental investigations at the Mesolithic flint and pitch-stone site of Auchareoch, Isle of Arran, Proc. Soc. Antiq. Scot. , and ., in press,
- 1987, Burnt mounds as saunas and the prehistory of bathing, Antiquity 61, 370–379. and
- 1959, The excavation of Dowel Cave, Earl Sterndale, 1958–9, Derbys. Archaeol. J. 79, 97–109. .,
- 1977, Archaeology and palaeontology, in Archaeology and palaeontology (ed. T. D.Ford), Norwich : Geological Abstracts Ltd. .,
- 1981, Glaciomarine deposits of the Loch Lomond Stade glacier in the Vale of Leven between Dumbarton and Balloch, west-central Scotland, Quaternary Newsl. 34, 1–7. and .,
- 1984, Quaternary estuarine deposits in the Grangemouth area, Scotland, Rep. Br. Geol. Surv. 16(3). , and
- 1977, The date of deglaciation of the Renfrew area, Scatt. J. Geol. 13, 301–303. , , and .,
- 1981, Appendix C: Radiocarbon Dates, in Excavations at Jericho III, (ed. K. M.Kenyon), pp. 501–504, London : Brit. School of Archaeology in Jerusalem. .,
- 1976, British Museum Natural Radiocarbon Measurements VIII., Radiocarbon 18 (1), 1–16. , and .,
- 1977, The Upper Palaeolithic of Britain: A Study of Man and Nature in the Late Ice Age, Oxford : Clarendon Press. .,
- 1954, Excavations at Star Carr, Cambridge : Cambridge University Press. .,
- 1988, Palaeoenvironments in the Vale of Pickering. Part 3: Environmental History at Star Carr, Proc. Prehist. Soc. 54, 37–58. , and .,
- 1983, Some archaeological applications of the dating of animal bone by radiocarbon with particular reference to post-Pleistocene extinctions, in Some archaeological applications of the dating of animal bone by radiocarbon with particular reference to post-Pleistocene extinctions (eds. W. G.Mook and H. T.Waterbolk). PACT8, 409–419. and .,
- 1987, Late Pleistocene saiga antelope Saiga tatarica on Mendip, Proc. Univ. Bristol Spelaeol. Soc. 18 (1), 1–74.
- 1975, Les faunes du Paléolithique supérieur dans le Sud-Ouest de la France, Thèse de Doctorat d'Etat ès-Sciences naturelle, Bordeaux , p. 479.
- 1977, Bronze Age Spearheads from Berks, Bucks and Oxon, Brit. Archaeol. Reports, British Series 34, Oxford : BAR. .,
- 1872, The Ancient Stone Implements, Weapons, and Ornaments of Great Britain. .,
- 1980, Excavations on Bridget's and Burntwood Farms, Itchen Valley Parish, Hampshire, 1974. MARC 3 sites R5 and R6, Proc. Hants. Field Club & Archaeol. Soc. 36, 37–86. .,
- 1981, Fieldwork and excavations at East Stratton along the Roman road from Winchester to Silchester (MARC 3 sites R1 and R3), Proc. Hampshire Field Club & Archaeol. Soc. 37, 165–188. .,
- 1982, The excavation of four ring-ditches in central Hampshire (MARC 3 sites R17, Feature 1972; R7; R30 and R363), Proc. Hants. Field Club & Archaeol. Soc. 38, 19–56. .,
- 1985. The Prehistoric Settlement at Winnall Down, Winchester. Hampshire Field Club Monograph 2.
- 1984, Radiocarbon dating of bone by accelerator mass spectrometry, J. Archaeol. Sci. 11, 165–170. , and .,
- 1973, Das absolute Alter der Kopfbestattungen in der grossen Ofnet-Hohle bei Nordlingen in Bayern, Homo 24, 1–6. and .,
- 1987, The Pante Valley Project in Ecuador, Antiquity 61, 51–56. and .,
- 1989, The Oxford accelerator mass spectrometry facility: technical developments in routine dating, Archaeometry 31(2). , , and .,
- 1987, Khok Phanom Di: results of the 1984/5 excavations, Indo-Pacific Prehistory Bulletin, Australian National University. , , and .,
- Accelerator dates on the Condover mammoths, in The Condover Mammoths (eds. G. R.Coope and A. M.Lister), Cambridge : Cambridge Univ. Press. , , and ., in prep.,
- 1981, Calibration of radiocarbon dates: tables based on the consensus data of the workshop on calibrating the radiocarbon time scale, Radiocarbon 24 (2), 2–103. , , & .,
- 1975, Untersuchungen zur neolithischen Besiedlung der Aldenhovener Platte V. Bonner Jahrbuch 175, 191–229. , , , , , and .,
- 1989, A semi-automated bone pretreatment system and the pretreatment of older and contaminated samples, Proc. 13th Int. Radiocarbon Conference, Dubrovnik, 1988, Radiocarbon, in press. and .,
- 1987a, Two pollen diagrams from Khok Phanom Di, Thailand: a preliminary report, Indian Ocean Newsletter. and .,
- 1987b, Changing environments and agricultural origins at Khok Phanom Di, Thailand: the pollen evidence, Proc. 1st Sympos. of the Assoc. of S.E. Asian Archaeologists in W. Europe. and
- 1876, The bone-caves of Creswell Crags – 2nd paper. Quart. J. Geol. Soc. 32 (3), 3–240. .,
- 1974, Das Ende des Ofnet Problems. Quartar 25, 73–84. .,
- 1980, Relative dating of the fossil hominids of Europe, Bull. Brit. Mus. (Nat. Hist.). Geol. series 34, 1, 1–63. .,
- 1971, Catalogue of Fossil Hominids, Part II: Europe, London : British Museum (Nat. Hist.). , , and .,
- 1931, Excavations at Cheddar, Proc. Somerset. Archaeol. & Nat. Hist. Soc. 76 (for 1930), 46–62.
- 1981, Quaternary estuarine deposits in the Tay-Earn area, Scotland, Rep. Inst. Geol. Sci. 81/7. , and .,
- 1981. Scottish Late-glacial marine deposits and their environmental significance, in The Quaternary in Britain, (eds. J.Neale and J.Flenley). pp. 222–236. Oxford : Pergamon Press. .,
- 1983, A model for Scottish interstadial marine palaeo-temperature 13,000 to 11,000 BP, Boreas 12, 73–82. .,
- 1977, Evolution and chronology of Late-glacial marine environments at Lochgilphead, Scotland, in Evolution and chronology of Late-glacial marine environments at Lochgilphead, Scotland (eds. J. M.Gray and J. J.Lowe), pp. 89–100, Oxford : Pergamon Press. , , and .,
- 1978, Late-Glacial and Post-glacial marine environments at Ardyne, Scotland and their significance in the interpretation of the Clyde Sea area, Rep. Inst. Geol. Sci.78/17. , and .,
- 1980, Late- and Post-glacial environments in part of the inner Cromarty Firth, Scotland, Rep. Inst. Geol. Sci. 80/7. , and .,
- 1888, Recent researches in Bench Cavern, Brixham, Devon, Trans, Edinb. Geol. Soc. 5 (4), 4–507. .,
- 1960, Zur Frage der ältesten Bandkeramik in Mitteleuropa, Praehistorische Zeitschrift 38, 1–38, 153–188. .,
- 1964, Excavations in the Torbryan Caves, Devonshire. II. Three Holes Cave, Trans. Devon Archaeol. Explor. Soc. 22, 3–26. .,
- 1986, Stable isotope composition of chitin from anthropods recovered in archaeological contexts as palaeoenvironmental indicators, J. Archaeol. Sci. 13, 553–566. , , , , , and .,
- Piltdown: A history of a scientific forgery, 1912-1953, Brit. Mus. (Nat. Hist.) and Oxford Univ. Press. ., in press,
- The Piltdown Papers: An annotated catalogue of archival materials documenting the history of a scientific forgery (c.1910-1955), Brit. Mus. (Nat. Hist.) and Oxford Univ. Press. ., in press,
- 1986, Direct dates for the fossil hominid record, Archaeological results from accelerator dating (eds. J. A. J.Gowlett and R. E. M.Hedges), pp. 45–50, Oxford : Oxford Committee for Archaeology Monograph No. 11. .,
- 1986, Proceedings of the 12th International Radiocarbon Conference, Trondheim, Norway, Radiocarbon 28, (2A) and (2B). and .,
- 1928, King Arthur's Cave, near Whitchurch, Ross-on-Wye, Second Report, Proc. Univ. Bristol Spelaeological Soc. 3, 59–83. .,
- 1987, Some preliminary notes on the barbed bone points from Europoort, the Netherlands, Mesolithic Miscellany, 8 (1), 1–20. .,
- 1964, Groningen radiocarbon dates V (Piltdown series), Radiocarbon 6, 368. and .,
- 1959, Radiocarbon dating of the Piltdown skull and jaw, Nature 184, 224–226. and .,
- 1978, Procedures for comparing and combining radiocarbon age determinations: a critique, Archaeometry 20, (1), 1–19. and .,
- 1985, Excavations at Farm Fields, Kinloch, Rhum, 2984–85: a preliminary report, Glasgow Archaeol. J. 12, 19–29. & .,