Ontogeny of the eodiscoid trilobite Tsunyidiscus acutus from the Lower Cambrian of South China
Version of Record online: 22 SEP 2011
© The Palaeontological Association
Volume 54, Issue 6, pages 1279–1288, November 2011
How to Cite
DAI, T. and ZHANG, X. (2011), Ontogeny of the eodiscoid trilobite Tsunyidiscus acutus from the Lower Cambrian of South China. Palaeontology, 54: 1279–1288. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-4983.2011.01102.x
- Issue online: 15 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 22 SEP 2011
- Typescript received 20 December 2009; accepted in revised form 10 December 2010
- 2009. The lower Cambrian eodiscoid trilobite Calodiscus lobatus from Sweden: morphology, ontogeny and distribution. Palaeontology, 52, 491–539. , , , and
- 1966. On the classification of Redlichiacea, with description of new families and new genera. Acta Palaeontologica Sinica, 14, 135–184. [In Chinese, English summary].
- 1988. Protaspid larvae and phylogenetics of encrinurid trilobites. Journal of Paleontology, 62, 779–799. , and
- 1902. Evidence of further Cambrian trilobites. Contribution to Palaeontology South of Australia, 13, 3–4.
- 2004. Exploring developmental modes in a fossil arthropod: growth and trunk segmentation of the trilobite Aulacopleura konincki. American Naturalist, 163, 167–183. , , and
- 1847. Palaeontology: Volume 1. Containing descriptions of the organic remains of the lower division of the New-York System. Natural History of New York, Albany, 338 pp.
- 1971. Ontogeny and sexual dimorphism of Lower Paleozoic Trilobita. Palaeontographica Americana, 7, 1–155.
- 2007. The evolution of trilobite body patterning. Annual Reviews in Earth and Planetary Sciences, 35, 401–434.
- 2006. The ontogeny of trilobite segmentation: a comparative approach. Paleobiology, 32, 602–627. , and
- 1970. Pagetia ocellata, a new Cambrian trilobite from northwestern Queensland. Memoirs Queensland Museum, 15, 303–313.
- 1975. Australian Middle Cambrian eodiscoids with a review of the superfamily. Palaeontographica, Abteilung A, 150, 1–97.
- 1943. Brief notes on the eodiscids 1, their classification with a description of a new species and a new variety. Proceedings of the Imperial Academy, Tokyo, 19, 37–42.
- 1996. Terminology of glabellar lobes in trilobite larvae based on homology. Journal of Paleontology, 70, 439–442. and
- 1997. Ontogenies of trilobites from the Lower Ordovician Garden City Formation of Idaho and their implications for the phylogeny of the Cheirurina. Journal of Paleontology, 71, 683–702. and
- 2004. Restudy on the eodiscoids from the Shuijingtuo Formation (Early Cambrian) in eastern Yangtze Gorge area, western Hubei. Acta Palaeontologica Sinica, 43, 502–514. [In Chinese, English summary]. , and
- 2003. Ontogeny and heterochrony in the oryctocephalid trilobite Arthricocephalus from the Early Cambrian of China. Special Papers in Palaeontology, 70, 103–126. , and
- 2006. Ontogeny and heterochrony in the Early Cambrian oryctocephalid trilobites Changasips, Duyunaspis and Balangia from China. Palaeontology, 49, 1–19. , and
- 1991. Protaspid and early meraspid growth stages of the eodiscoid trilobite Pagetia ocellata Jell, and their implications for classification. Alcheringa, 15, 65–86.
- 1983. Occurrence of eodiscids (Trilobita) in the ‘Yingshan Group’ of Hubei. Acta Palaeontologica Sinica, 22, 527–530. [In Chinese, English summary].
- 1997. Morphological terms applied to Trilobita. 313–329. In KAESLER, R. L. (ed.). Treatise on invertebrate paleontology, Part O, Arthropoda 1, Trilobita, Revised. Volume 1: Introduction, Order Agnostida, Order Redlichiida. Geological Society of America and University of Kansas, Boulder, Colorado and Lawrence, Kansas, xxiv + 530 pp. and
- 1963. Trilobita. 27–36. In Academy of Geological Sciences, Ministry of Geology (ed.). Handbook of index fossils of Qinling. Chinese Industrial Press, Beijing. [In Chinese].
- 1978. Trilobita. 385–595. In STRATIGRAPHIC AND PALAEONTOLOGICAL WORKING GROUP OF GUIZHOU PROVINCE (ed.). Palaeontological atlas of south-west China, Guizhou Province (1). Geological Publishing House, Beijing, 843 pp. [In Chinese]. and
- 1980. Cambrian trilobite faunas of southwestern China. Palaeontologica Sinica, New Series B, 16, 1–497. [In Chinese, English summary]. , , , , , , and
- 1989. Ontogeny of an Early Cambrian eodiscoid trilobite from Henan, China. Lethaia, 22, 13–29.
- 1993. Ontogeny of the eodiscid trilobite Shizhudiscus longquanensis from the Lower Cambrian of China. Palaeontology, 36, 785–806. and
- 2009. Trunk segmentation of Cambrian eodiscoid trilobites. Evolution & Development, 11, 312–317. and
- 1977. Trilobita. 107–266. In GEOLOGICAL BUREAU OF HENAN PROVINCE (ed.). Palaeontological atlas of Central and South China (1). Geological Publishing House, Beijing, 420 pp. [In Chinese]. , , and
- 2008. Trilobite record of China. Science Press, Beijing, 401 pp. and