Note: Second Ruggles Lecture, presented to the 29th General Conference of the IARIW at Joensuu, Finland, August 2006. I am most appreciative of Tim Smeeding's invitation to give this Lecture in memory of Nancy and Richard Ruggles. In revising the Lecture, I have benefited from the comments made in the discussion, and at a seminar at the Paris School of Economics. I am most grateful to the following for valuable suggestions: Thomas Piketty, whose work on France (2001 and 2003) stimulated my own research, Andrea Brandolini (I am drawing on our joint work), Stephan Klasen, who proposed the revised title, and to his colleagues for references to earnings in pre-war Germany.
THE LONG RUN EARNINGS DISTRIBUTION IN FIVE COUNTRIES: “REMARKABLE STABILITY,” U, V OR W?
Version of Record online: 28 FEB 2007
Review of Income and Wealth
Volume 53, Issue 1, pages 1–24, March 2007
How to Cite
Atkinson, A. B. (2007), THE LONG RUN EARNINGS DISTRIBUTION IN FIVE COUNTRIES: “REMARKABLE STABILITY,” U, V OR W?. Review of Income and Wealth, 53: 1–24. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-4991.2007.00215.x
- Issue online: 28 FEB 2007
- Version of Record online: 28 FEB 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!