Note: The analysis and conclusions expressed in this paper are those of the authors and should not be interpreted as those of the U.S. Social Security Administration. The authors thank Rob Gesumaria for excellent programming assistance and Dean Leimer for many helpful comments over the course of this study. The authors also thank Lee Cohen, Linda Del Bene, Howard Iams, Joyce Manchester, and especially Mike Leonesio for constructive comments, and Pat Cole for table preparation. The authors thank the two referees of this journal for their very useful comments. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 2004 International Association for Research in Income and Wealth General Conference in Cork, Ireland.
SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS AS A RETIREMENT RESOURCE FOR U.S. NEAR-RETIREES
Article first published online: 28 AUG 2007
Review of Income and Wealth
Volume 53, Issue 3, pages 538–567, September 2007
How to Cite
Bridges, B. and Choudhury, S. (2007), SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS AS A RETIREMENT RESOURCE FOR U.S. NEAR-RETIREES. Review of Income and Wealth, 53: 538–567. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-4991.2007.00238.x
- Issue published online: 28 AUG 2007
- Article first published online: 28 AUG 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!