Note: Ken Bollen made valuable suggestions, and Nash Herndon provided useful editorial comments. Suggestions of the two referees and the editor were crucial in putting together a concise and informative paper. Partial financial support was provided by the U.S. Agency for International Development through the MEASURE Evaluation project, Carolina Population Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, under the terms of Cooperative Agreement #GPO-A-00-03-00003-00. The views represented in the paper are those of the authors, and the remaining errors are their responsibility.
SOCIOECONOMIC STATUS MEASUREMENT WITH DISCRETE PROXY VARIABLES: IS PRINCIPAL COMPONENT ANALYSIS A RELIABLE ANSWER?
Version of Record online: 16 FEB 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 International Association for Research in Income and Wealth Published by Blackwell Publishing
Review of Income and Wealth
Volume 55, Issue 1, pages 128–165, March 2009
How to Cite
Kolenikov, S. and Angeles, G. (2009), SOCIOECONOMIC STATUS MEASUREMENT WITH DISCRETE PROXY VARIABLES: IS PRINCIPAL COMPONENT ANALYSIS A RELIABLE ANSWER?. Review of Income and Wealth, 55: 128–165. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-4991.2008.00309.x
- Issue online: 16 FEB 2009
- Version of Record online: 16 FEB 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!