Note: The authors gratefully acknowledge funding from the Austrian, German, Norwegian, and Korean Governments through the World Bank's Multi Donor Trust Fund (MDTF) “Labour Markets, Job Creation, and Economic Growth, Scaling up Research, Capacity Building, and Action on the Ground” for the project on “Unlocking Potential: Tackling Economic, Institutional, and Social Constraints of Informal Entrepreneurship in Sub-Saharan Africa.” Special thanks are due to AFRISTAT and DIAL, in particular to Constance Torelli and François Roubaud, for providing and preparing the datasets used in this paper. Comments by the participants of the IARIW Special Conference on Measuring the Informal Economy in Developing Countries, Kathmandu, in particular by Panos Tsakloglou, two anonymous referees, and the editors of this special issue have been very helpful.
BARRIERS TO ENTRY AND RETURNS TO CAPITAL IN INFORMAL ACTIVITIES: EVIDENCE FROM SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA
Article first published online: 9 MAY 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Review of Income and Wealth © International Association for Research in Income and Wealth 2011
Review of Income and Wealth
Special Issue: The Informal Economy in Developing Countries: Analysis and Measurement
Volume 57, Issue Supplement s1, pages S27–S53, May 2011
How to Cite
GRIMM, M., KRÜGER, J. and LAY, J. (2011), BARRIERS TO ENTRY AND RETURNS TO CAPITAL IN INFORMAL ACTIVITIES: EVIDENCE FROM SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA. Review of Income and Wealth, 57: S27–S53. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-4991.2011.00453.x
- Issue published online: 9 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 9 MAY 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!