Note: We are grateful to Caridad Araujo, Pranab Bardhan, Ricardo Paes de Barros, Marc Fleurbaey, James Foster, Markus Goldstein, Stephen Jenkins, Peter Lanjouw, Marta Menéndez, Vito Peragine, John Roemer, Jaime Saavedra, and three anonymous referees for helpful comments on earlier drafts. Insightful comments were also received at conferences or seminars at the World Bank, the IDB, the Brookings Institution, Cornell University, the Catholic University of Milan, Universidad de los Andes in Bogotá, Colégio de México, Universidad Torcuato di Tella in Buenos Aires, and the Universities of Essex, London, Lund, Manchester, and Oxford. We also thank Carlos Becerra, Jofre Calderón, and Leo Gasparini for kindly providing us with access to data. The views expressed in the paper are those of the authors, and should not be attributed to the World Bank, their Executive Directors, or the countries they represent.
THE MEASUREMENT OF INEQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY: THEORY AND AN APPLICATION TO LATIN AMERICA
Article first published online: 21 JUL 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Review of Income and Wealth © International Association for Research in Income and Wealth 2011
Review of Income and Wealth
Volume 57, Issue 4, pages 622–657, December 2011
How to Cite
FERREIRA, F. H. G. and GIGNOUX, J. (2011), THE MEASUREMENT OF INEQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY: THEORY AND AN APPLICATION TO LATIN AMERICA. Review of Income and Wealth, 57: 622–657. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-4991.2011.00467.x
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 21 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!