Note: We are deeply grateful to two referees and Conchita D'Ambrosio whose comments have led to substantial improvements in the paper. We are also indebted to Angus Deaton for suggesting us the topic some time ago. Foster acknowledges support from the Institute for International Economic Policy (IIEP) at the George Washington University. The usual disclaimer applies.
Inequality of Happiness in the U.S.: 1972–2010
Article first published online: 9 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Review of Income and Wealth © 2012 International Association for Research in Income and Wealth
Review of Income and Wealth
Volume 59, Issue 3, pages 393–415, September 2013
How to Cite
Dutta, I. and Foster, J. (2013), Inequality of Happiness in the U.S.: 1972–2010. Review of Income and Wealth, 59: 393–415. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-4991.2012.00527.x
- Issue published online: 4 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 9 NOV 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!