Submitted February 2009.
Competition, Quality and Contract Compliance: Evidence from Compulsory Competitive Tendering in Local Government in Great Britain, 1987–2000*
Version of Record online: 6 DEC 2012
© 2012 The Authors Fiscal Studies © 2012 Institute for Fiscal Studies
Volume 33, Issue 4, pages 513–546, December 2012
How to Cite
Milne, R. G., Roy, G. and Angeles, L. (2012), Competition, Quality and Contract Compliance: Evidence from Compulsory Competitive Tendering in Local Government in Great Britain, 1987–2000. Fiscal Studies, 33: 513–546. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-5890.2012.00171.x
The authors wish to acknowledge the Nuffield Foundation for financial support from its Social Sciences Small Grants Scheme number SGS/00591/R and the Local Government Management Board for making the CCT database available.
The following have helped in various ways at various times: Bob Davidson, Gavin Hutton, Gary Koop, Kenny Lang, Dilys Leckie, Charles McIver, David McLeish, Camilla Mastromarco, Roger Mills, Gail Pain, Jon Sutcliffe, Jo Swinson, Nigel Taylor and Rodney Thornton. The authors are grateful for the advice of the two anonymous referees and the editor, Gareth Myles. The views expressed are of the authors alone, who take responsibility for the information given and the conclusions reached.
- Issue online: 6 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 6 DEC 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!