Submitted October 2012.
Financial Crisis Wealth Losses and Responses among Older Households in England*
Article first published online: 12 JUN 2013
© 2013 The Authors Fiscal Studies © 2013 Institute for Fiscal Studies
Special Issue: Special Issue on the Microeconomic Consequences of the Great Recession
Volume 34, Issue 2, pages 231–254, June 2013
How to Cite
Banks, J., Crawford, R., Crossley, T. F. and Emmerson, C. (2013), Financial Crisis Wealth Losses and Responses among Older Households in England. Fiscal Studies, 34: 231–254. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-5890.2013.12004.x
This research was made possible by Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) grant number RES 000-224-323 and the IFS Retirement Saving Consortium which comprises Age UK, Association of British Insurers, Department for Work and Pensions, Financial Services Authority, HM Treasury, Investment Management Association, Money Advice Service, National Association of Pension Funds, Partnership Pensions and the Pensions Corporation. Cofunding was also received from the ESRC-funded Centre for Microeconomic Analysis of Public Policy (CPP, reference RES-544-28-0001) at the Institute for Fiscal Studies. The English Longitudinal Study of Ageing (ELSA) data are made available through the UK Data Archive (UKDA). ELSA was developed by a team of researchers based at the National Centre for Social Research, University College London and the Institute for Fiscal Studies. The data were collected by the National Centre for Social Research. The funding is provided by the National Institute of Aging in the United States, and a consortium of UK government departments coordinated by the Office for National Statistics. The developers and funders of ELSA and UKDA do not bear any responsibility for the analysis or interpretations presented here. All errors are the authors' own.
- Issue published online: 12 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 12 JUN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!