This paper is based on the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) Annual Lecture, delivered by Professor Stephen Machin on 15 October 2013. Some of it updates, further develops and sometimes re-rehearses themes and arguments from some of his earlier papers on economics of education research (Machin, 2008; Dearden, Machin and Vignoles, 2009; Machin, 2013).
The IFS Annual Lecture: Economics of Education Research and Its Role in the Making of Education Policy†
Article first published online: 17 MAR 2014
© 2014 The Author Fiscal Studies © 2014 Institute for Fiscal Studies
Volume 35, Issue 1, pages 1–18, March 2014
How to Cite
Machin, S. (2014), The IFS Annual Lecture: Economics of Education Research and Its Role in the Making of Education Policy. Fiscal Studies, 35: 1–18. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-5890.2014.12020.x
- Issue published online: 17 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 17 MAR 2014
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!