Address correspondence to Melinda Beeuwkes Buntin, Ph.D., RAND Health, 1200 South Hayes St., Arlington VA 22202. Alan M. Garber, M.D., Ph.D., is with the Department of Veterans Affairs, Palo Alto, CA and Stanford University, Stanford, CA. Mark McClellan, M.D., Ph.D., is with Stanford University, Stanford, CA, and the Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD. Joseph P. Newhouse, Ph.D., is with the Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard University, Boston.
The Costs of Decedents in the Medicare Program: Implications for Payments to Medicare+Choice Plans
Article first published online: 6 JAN 2004
Health Services Research
Volume 39, Issue 1, pages 111–130, February 2004
How to Cite
Beeuwkes Buntin, M., Garber, A. M., Mcclellan, M. and Newhouse, J. P. (2004), The Costs of Decedents in the Medicare Program: Implications for Payments to Medicare+Choice Plans. Health Services Research, 39: 111–130. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6773.2004.00218.x
We would like to acknowledge support from the Commonwealth Fund and the National Institute on Aging grant numbers AG 17253 and AG05842. We would also like to thank Richard Frank, Chris Hogan, Hal Luft, Joanne Lynn, and Kathy Swartz for their helpful comments, and Jeffrey Geppert and Hoon Byun for programming assistance. Melinda Beeuwkes Buntin also thanks the Harvard/Sloan Center for the Study of the Managed Care Industry for financial support during the writing of this paper.
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2004
- Article first published online: 6 JAN 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!