Address correspondence to M. Kate Bundorf, Ph.D., M.B.A., M.P.H., Stanford University School of Medicine, HRP Redwood Building, Room 257, Stanford, CA 94305-5405. Kevin A. Schulman, M.D., Judith A. Stafford, M.S., and James G. Jollis, M.D., are with Duke University Medical Center. Darrell Gaskin, Ph.D., is with Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in Baltimore. José J. Escarce, M.D., Ph.D., is with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and RAND Health Program.
Impact of Managed Care on the Treatment, Costs, and Outcomes of Fee-for-Service Medicare Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction
Article first published online: 6 JAN 2004
Health Services Research
Volume 39, Issue 1, pages 131–152, February 2004
How to Cite
Kate Bundorf, M., Schulman, K. A., Stafford, J. A., Gaskin, D., Jollis, J. G. and Escarce, J. J. (2004), Impact of Managed Care on the Treatment, Costs, and Outcomes of Fee-for-Service Medicare Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction. Health Services Research, 39: 131–152. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6773.2004.00219.x
We gratefully acknowledge financial support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Changes in Health Care Financing and Organization initiative.
This work was also supported by contract 500-96-P623, sponsored by the Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care, Inc., and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (formerly the Health Care Financing Administration), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, both in Baltimore. The contents of this publication do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Health and Human Services, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. government. The authors assume full responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of the ideas presented. This article is a direct result of the Health Care Quality Improvement Program initiated by the Health Care Financing Administration, which has encouraged identification of quality improvement projects derived from analysis of patterns of care.
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2004
- Article first published online: 6 JAN 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!