Address correspondence to Nasreen Dhanani, Ph.D., RAND, 1700 Main Street, PO Box 2138, Santa Monica, CA 90407-2138. Dr. Dhanani is also with the School of Policy, Planning, and Development, University of Southern California. June F. O'Leary, Ph.D., and Glenn Melnick, Ph.D., are with the School of Policy, Planning, and Development, University of Southern California, and RAND. Emmett Keeler, Ph.D., and Anil Bamezai, Ph.D., are also with RAND.
The Effect of HMOs on the Inpatient Utilization of Medicare Beneficiaries
Article first published online: 26 AUG 2004
Health Services Research
Volume 39, Issue 5, pages 1607–1628, October 2004
How to Cite
Dhanani, N., O'Leary, J. F., Keeler, E., Bamezai, A. and Melnick, G. (2004), The Effect of HMOs on the Inpatient Utilization of Medicare Beneficiaries. Health Services Research, 39: 1607–1628. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6773.2004.00306.x
This project was supported by grant # R01HS10256-03 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and funding from the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation, United States Department of Health and Human Services. Support for this paper was also provided by a grant from The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Princeton, New Jersey.
- Issue published online: 26 AUG 2004
- Article first published online: 26 AUG 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!