Address correspondence to Ann B. Nattinger, M.D., M.P.H., Division of General Internal Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, FEC Medical Office Building, Suite 4200, 9200 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53226. Purushottam W. Laud, Ph.D., is with the Department of Biostatistics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee; Ruta Bajorunaite, Ph.D., is with the Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science, Marquette University, Milwaukee; Rodney A. Sparapani, M. S., is with the Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research, Medical College of Wisconsin; and Jean L. Freeman, Ph.D., is with the Departments of Medicine and Preventive Medicine and Community Health, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston.
An Algorithm for the Use of Medicare Claims Data to Identify Women with Incident Breast Cancer
Article first published online: 8 NOV 2004
Health Services Research
Volume 39, Issue 6p1, pages 1733–1750, December 2004
How to Cite
Nattinger, A. B., Laud, P. W., Bajorunaite, R., Sparapani, R. A. and Freeman, J. L. (2004), An Algorithm for the Use of Medicare Claims Data to Identify Women with Incident Breast Cancer. Health Services Research, 39: 1733–1750. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6773.2004.00315.x
Grant support from the Department of the Army (DAMD17-96-6262).
This study used the linked SEER-Medicare database. The interpretation and reporting of these data are the sole responsibility of the authors. The authors acknowledge the efforts of the Applied Research Program, NCI; the Office of Research, Development and Information, CMS; Information Management Services (IMS), Inc.; and the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program tumor registries in the creation of the SEER-Medicare database.
- Issue published online: 8 NOV 2004
- Article first published online: 8 NOV 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!