Address correspondence to Elizabeth F. O. Kern, M.D., M.S., Louis Stokes Cleveland Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University Department of Medicine, Room 437, Basic Science Research Building, Division of Endocrinology, Case Western Reserve University, 10900 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, OH 44106-4951. Miriam Maney, M.A., C.P.H.Q., Chin-Lin Tseng, Dr.P.H., Anjali Tiwari, M.D., Mangala Rajan, M.B.A., and Leonard Pogach, M.D., M.B.A., are with the Department of Veterans Affairs-New Jersey Healthcare System REAP Center for Healthcare Knowledge Management, Newark, NJ. Donald R. Miller, Sc.D., is with the Bedford VA Medical Center for Health Quality Outcomes and Economic Research, Boston University, School of Public Health, Boston, MA. Chin-Lin Tseng, Dr.P.H., is with the Department of Preventive Medicine/New Jersey Medical School—UMDNJ, Newark, NJ. Anjali Tiwari, M.D., is with the Department of Neuroscience/New Jersey Medical School—UMDNJ, Newark, NJ. Leonard Pogach, M.D., M.B.A., is with the Department of Medicine/New Jersey Medical School—UMDNJ, Newark, NJ. David Aron, M.D., M.S., is with the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, VA HSR&D Center for Quality Improvement Research, Cleveland, OH.
Failure of ICD-9-CM Codes to Identify Patients with Comorbid Chronic Kidney Disease in Diabetes
Article first published online: 15 NOV 2005
Health Services Research
Volume 41, Issue 2, pages 564–580, April 2006
How to Cite
Kern, E. F. O., Maney, M., Miller, D. R., Tseng, C.-L., Tiwari, A., Rajan, M., Aron, D. and Pogach, L. (2006), Failure of ICD-9-CM Codes to Identify Patients with Comorbid Chronic Kidney Disease in Diabetes. Health Services Research, 41: 564–580. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6773.2005.00482.x
- Issue published online: 15 NOV 2005
- Article first published online: 15 NOV 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!