Address correspondence to James B. Battles, Ph.D., United States Department of Health and Human Services, Agency for Healthcare Quality and Research, Center for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety, 540 Gaither Road, Rockville, MD 20850. Nancy M. Dixon, Ph.D., is with Common Knowledge Associates, Dallas, TX. Robert J. Borotkanics, B.S., is with the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Agency for Healthcare Quality and Research, Center for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety, Rockville, MD. Barbara Rabin-Fastmen, M.S., M.T., (ASCP) S.C., B.B., Project Director/Investigator, is with the Medical Event Reporting Systems, Columbia University, New York, NY. Harold S. Kaplan, M.D., Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY.
Sensemaking of Patient Safety Risks and Hazards
Article first published online: 9 JUN 2006
Health Services Research
Volume 41, Issue 4p2, pages 1555–1575, August 2006
How to Cite
Battles, J. B., Dixon, N. M., Borotkanics, R. J., Rabin-Fastmen, B. and Kaplan, H. S. (2006), Sensemaking of Patient Safety Risks and Hazards. Health Services Research, 41: 1555–1575. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6773.2006.00565.x
- Issue published online: 9 JUN 2006
- Article first published online: 9 JUN 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!