Address correspondence to Leah S. Karliner, M.D., M.A.S, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, Medical Effectiveness Research Center for Diverse Populations, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 1701 Divisadero, Suite 500, San Franicsco, CA 94143-1732. Elizabeth A. Jacobs, M.D. M.P.P, Assistant Professor of Medicine, is with the Collaborative Research Unit, Cook County Hospital & Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL. Alice Hm Chen, M.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine, Director, is with the General Medicine Clinic, San Francisco General Hospital, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA. Sunita Mutha, M.D., Associate Professor of Medicine, is with the Department of Medicine, The Center for Health Professions, University of California, San Francisco, CA.
Do Professional Interpreters Improve Clinical Care for Patients with Limited English Proficiency? A Systematic Review of the Literature
Article first published online: 31 AUG 2006
Health Services Research
Volume 42, Issue 2, pages 727–754, April 2007
How to Cite
Karliner, L. S., Jacobs, E. A., Chen, A. H. and Mutha, S. (2007), Do Professional Interpreters Improve Clinical Care for Patients with Limited English Proficiency? A Systematic Review of the Literature. Health Services Research, 42: 727–754. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6773.2006.00629.x
- Issue published online: 31 AUG 2006
- Article first published online: 31 AUG 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!