Address correspondence to John F. McCarthy, Ph.D., M.P.H., Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, HSR&D Field Program/SMITREC, P.O. Box 130170, Ann Arbor, MI 48113-0170. Dr. McCarthy, Frederic C. Blow, Ph.D., Marcia Valenstein, M.D., M.S., Kristen L. Barry, Ph.D., and Rosalinda V. Ignacio, M.S., are with the Department of Veterans Affairs, Serious Mental Illness Treatment Research and Evaluation Center, Ann Arbor, MI. Frederic C. Blow, Marcia Valenstein, Kristen L. Barry, and Rosalinda V. Ignacio are also with the Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI. Ellen P. Fischer, Ph.D., Richard R. Owen, M.D., and Teresa J. Hudson, PharmD., are with the Department of Veterans Affairs HSR&D Center for Mental Healthcare and Outcomes Research, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, North Little Rock, AR. Ellen P. Fischer, Richard R. Owen, and Teresa J. Hudson, are also with the Centers for Mental Healthcare Research, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR.
Veterans Affairs Health System and Mental Health Treatment Retention among Patients with Serious Mental Illness: Evaluating Accessibility and Availability Barriers
Article first published online: 25 SEP 2006
Health Services Research
Volume 42, Issue 3p1, pages 1042–1060, June 2007
How to Cite
McCarthy, J. F., Blow, F. C., Valenstein, M., Fischer, E. P., Owen, R. R., Barry, K. L., Hudson, T. J. and Ignacio, R. V. (2007), Veterans Affairs Health System and Mental Health Treatment Retention among Patients with Serious Mental Illness: Evaluating Accessibility and Availability Barriers. Health Services Research, 42: 1042–1060. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6773.2006.00642.x
- Issue published online: 25 SEP 2006
- Article first published online: 25 SEP 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!