Address correspondence to Kevin G. Volpp, M.D., Ph.D., CHERP, Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University and Woodland Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19104. Dr. Volpp is also with the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and the Health Care Systems Department at the Wharton School. Roslyn Stone, Ph.D., is with the Department of Biostatistics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA. Judith R. Lave, Ph.D., is with the Department of Health Policy & Management, Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, PA. Ashish K. Jha, M.D., M.P.H., is with the Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA. Mark Pauly, Ph.D., is with the Health Care Systems Department, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA. Heather Klusaritz, M.S.W., is with the School of Social Policy & Practice, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA. Huanyu Chen, M.S., and Nancy Brucker, M.P.H., are with the Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System (646), Pittsburgh, PA. Liyi Cen, M.S., and Daniel Polsky, Ph.D., are with the Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA.
Is Thirty-Day Hospital Mortality Really Lower for Black Veterans Compared with White Veterans?
Article first published online: 24 JAN 2007
Health Services Research
Volume 42, Issue 4, pages 1613–1631, August 2007
How to Cite
Volpp, K. G., Stone, R., Lave, J. R., Jha, A. K., Pauly, M., Klusaritz, H., Chen, H., Cen, L., Brucker, N. and Polsky, D. (2007), Is Thirty-Day Hospital Mortality Really Lower for Black Veterans Compared with White Veterans?. Health Services Research, 42: 1613–1631. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6773.2006.00688.x
- Issue published online: 24 JAN 2007
- Article first published online: 24 JAN 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!