Address correspondence to Dennis P. Scanlon, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Health Policy and Administration, 504 Ford Building, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802-6500; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Shailender Swaminathan, Ph.D., Postdoctoral Fellow, is with the Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, Brown University, Providence, RI. Woolton Lee, M.S., Ph.D. candidate, is with the Department of Health Policy and Administration, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA. Michael Chernew, Ph.D., Professor, is with the Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA.
Does Competition Improve Health Care Quality?
Article first published online: 12 SEP 2008
© Health Research and Educational Trust
Health Services Research
Volume 43, Issue 6, pages 1931–1951, December 2008
How to Cite
Scanlon, D. P., Swaminathan, S., Lee, W. and Chernew, M. (2008), Does Competition Improve Health Care Quality?. Health Services Research, 43: 1931–1951. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6773.2008.00899.x
- Issue published online: 12 NOV 2008
- Article first published online: 12 SEP 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!