Address correspondence to Patricia Pittman, Ph.D., AcademyHealth, 115017th Street, North West, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20036; e-mail: email@example.com. Erin Holve, Ph.D., M.P.H., M.P.P., is with AcademyHealth, 115017th Street, North West, Suite 600, Washington, DC.
The Health Services Researcher of 2020: A Summit to Assess the Field's Workforce Needs
Article first published online: 23 SEP 2009
© Health Research and Educational Trust
Health Services Research
Volume 44, Issue 6, pages 2198–2213, December 2009
How to Cite
Pittman, P. and Holve, E. (2009), The Health Services Researcher of 2020: A Summit to Assess the Field's Workforce Needs. Health Services Research, 44: 2198–2213. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6773.2009.01026.x
- Issue published online: 13 NOV 2009
- Article first published online: 23 SEP 2009
- AcademyHealth, AAMC, USDHHS. Ethical Guidelines for Managing Conflicts of Interest. Washington, DC: AcademyHealth [accessed November 20, 2008]. Available at http://www.academyhealth.org/ethics/report.pdf
- American Associate of Medical Colleges (AAMC). 2006. “Diversity in the Physician Workforce: Facts & Figures 2006” [accessed November 20, 2008]. Available at https://services.aamc.org/Publications/index.cfm?fuseaction=Product.displayForm&prd_id=161&prv_id=191
- 2007. Behind the Pay Gap. Washington, DC: American Association of University Women Educational Foundation. , and .
- Institute of Medicine (IOM). 1979. Health Services Research: Report of a Study. Washington, DC: National Academy of Sciences.
- Institute of Medicine (IOM). 1995. Health Services Research: Work Force and Educational Issues. Washington, DC: National Academy Press.
- 2002. “Health Services Research: An Evolving Definition of the Field. Health Services Research 37 (1): 7–9. , and .
- 2009. “The Health Services Researcher Workforce: Current Stock.” Health Services Research, DOI: DOI: 10.1111/j.1475-6773.2009.01027.x , and
- National Initiative on Gender, Culture, and Leadership in Medicine (C-Change). [accessed April 2008]. Available at http://www.brandeis.edu/cchange/
- 2009. “Preparing the Health Services Research Workforce.” Health Services Research, DOI: DOI: 10.1111/j.1475-6773.2009.01025.x
- 2009. “Employer Demand for Health Services Researchers in 2020.” Health Services Research, DOI: DOI: 10.1111/j.1475-6773.2009.01028.x , and .