Address correspondence to Justin B. Dimick, M.D., M.P.H., Assistant Professor of Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, M-SCORE offices, 211 N. Fourth Avenue, Suite 301, Ann Arbor, MI 48104; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Douglas O. Staiger, Ph.D., Professor of Economics, is with the Department of Economics and the Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH. John D. Birkmeyer, M.D., Professor of Surgery and Director of Michigan Surgical Collaborative for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (M-SCORE), is with the Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48104.
Ranking Hospitals on Surgical Mortality: The Importance of Reliability Adjustment
Article first published online: 16 AUG 2010
© Health Research and Educational Trust
Health Services Research
Volume 45, Issue 6p1, pages 1614–1629, December 2010
How to Cite
Dimick, J. B., Staiger, D. O. and Birkmeyer, J. D. (2010), Ranking Hospitals on Surgical Mortality: The Importance of Reliability Adjustment. Health Services Research, 45: 1614–1629. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6773.2010.01158.x
- Issue published online: 8 NOV 2010
- Article first published online: 16 AUG 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!