We appreciate the insightful suggestions of the referee and the editors. We thank workshop participants at Baruch College, Harvard Business School, HKUST, University of Iowa, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, University of Rochester, University of Wisconsin, and conference participants at Berkeley's 2003 BART conference, the 2001 Duke/UNC Fall Camp, the 2001 University of Minnesota Accounting Theory conference, and the 2003 Journal of Accounting Research conference for helpful comments. We appreciate the valuable research assistance of Xia Chen, Sarah Eriksen, and Sarah Lindholm, and the financial support of the Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the Institute of Professional Accounting of the GSB, University of Chicago, the William Ladany Faculty Research Fund, and Harvard Business School.
What Determines Corporate Transparency?
Article first published online: 15 APR 2004
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 42, Issue 2, pages 207–252, May 2004
How to Cite
BUSHMAN, R. M., PIOTROSKI, J. D. and SMITH, A. J. (2004), What Determines Corporate Transparency?. Journal of Accounting Research, 42: 207–252. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2004.00136.x
- Issue published online: 15 APR 2004
- Article first published online: 15 APR 2004
- Received 10 January 2003; accepted 25 November 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!