The authors thank the following persons for their helpful comments: Fran Ayres, Ray Ball, Anne Beatty, Walt Blacconiere, Qiang Cheng, Richard Frankel, Rebecca Hann, Paul Healy, Steve Huddart, Bin Ke, S. P. Kothari, Richard Leftwich, Bob Lipe, Mical Matejka, Karl Muller, Kevin Murphy, Abbie Smith, Monica Stefanescu, and workshop participants at Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Indiana University, the Journal of Accounting Research conference, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Northwestern University, University of Oklahoma, the Penn State University, Temple University, University of Southern California, and University of Washington. We thank Mei Cheng for her capable research assistance.
Investor Protection and Corporate Governance: Evidence from Worldwide CEO Turnover
Article first published online: 15 APR 2004
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 42, Issue 2, pages 269–312, May 2004
How to Cite
DEFOND, M. L. and HUNG, M. (2004), Investor Protection and Corporate Governance: Evidence from Worldwide CEO Turnover. Journal of Accounting Research, 42: 269–312. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2004.00138.x
- Issue published online: 15 APR 2004
- Article first published online: 15 APR 2004
- Received 9 January 2003; accepted 25 November 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!