The authors gratefully acknowledge the financial support of National Taiwan University, Stanford Graduate School of Business, the University of Waterloo, the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, and the Certified General Accountants of Canada through the Canadian Academic Accounting Association. We are grateful to First Call for the use of recommendation data, and to Qintao Fan and Yinnan Wang for research assistance. We have benefited from the comments of an anonymous reviewer; from seminar participants at the Universities of Waterloo and British Columbia, Baruch College, the Harvard Business School 2003 Information, Markets and Organizations conference, the London Business School 2004 Accounting Symposium, Queen's University; and particularly from Jerry Lawless.
Analyst Impartiality and Investment Banking Relationships
Article first published online: 15 JUL 2005
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 43, Issue 4, pages 623–650, September 2005
How to Cite
O'BRIEN, P. C., MCNICHOLS, M. F. and HSIOU-WEI, L. (2005), Analyst Impartiality and Investment Banking Relationships. Journal of Accounting Research, 43: 623–650. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2005.00184.x
- Issue published online: 15 JUL 2005
- Article first published online: 15 JUL 2005
- Received 9 January 2003; accepted 25 March 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!