We have benefited from comments from Ray Ball (editor), Robert Bushman, Ilia Dichev, Arthur Kraft, Mark Lang, Shiva Rajgopal, John Robinson, Steve Rock, Phil Shane, Terry Shevlin, Joel Slemrod; workshop participants at London Business School, Michigan State University, UC-Berkeley, UCLA, the University of Colorado, the University of Florida, the University of North Carolina, the University of Oregon, the University of Texas at Austin, and Washington University; and an anonymous referee. Judson Caskey, Scott Dyreng, and Brad Lindsey provided valuable research assistance. We appreciate funding from the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business, the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan and an Ernst & Young Faculty Fellowship, and the University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School, respectively.
Is There a Link between Executive Equity Incentives and Accounting Fraud?
Version of Record online: 23 JAN 2006
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 44, Issue 1, pages 113–143, March 2006
How to Cite
ERICKSON, M., HANLON, M. and MAYDEW, E. L. (2006), Is There a Link between Executive Equity Incentives and Accounting Fraud?. Journal of Accounting Research, 44: 113–143. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2006.00194.x
- Issue online: 23 JAN 2006
- Version of Record online: 23 JAN 2006
- Received 8 April 2004; accepted 3 August 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!