We appreciate helpful comments and suggestions from an anonymous referee, the editor, Andrew Alford, Yakov Amihud, Gary Braun, Richard Briston, Sanford Gunn, Ole-Kristian Hope, Thomas Krantz, Christian Leuz, Richard Meier, Dick Mikaliunas, Estella Ng, Oded Palmon, Gim Seow, Larry Southwick, Sam Tiras, Ro Verrecchia, and workshop participants at the University of Connecticut, the State University of New York at Albany, the State University of New York at Buffalo, Rutgers University, the Journal of Accounting Research Conference (May, 2004), the European Accounting Association 2003 Annual Congress, the American Accounting Association 2002 Annual Meetings, the 13th Annual Conference on Financial Economics and Accounting (University of Maryland, November, 2002), the World Federation of Exchanges' Forum on Managing Exchanges in Emerging Economies (Kuala Lumpur, December, 2002), and the University of Michigan Business School William Davidson Institute Conference on Accounting in Transition Economies (April, 2000). We are grateful for research support and data provided by the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College, The Ohio State University, Rutgers University, The State University of New York at Buffalo, and the World Federation of Exchanges.
Stock Exchange Disclosure and Market Development: An Analysis of 50 International Exchanges
Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2006
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 44, Issue 3, pages 437–483, June 2006
How to Cite
FROST, C. A., GORDON, E. A. and HAYES, A. F. (2006), Stock Exchange Disclosure and Market Development: An Analysis of 50 International Exchanges. Journal of Accounting Research, 44: 437–483. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2006.00208.x
- Issue online: 27 MAR 2006
- Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2006
- Received 2 January 2002; accepted 16 September 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!